The 2019 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ten pounds from my high school weight. I just feel like that last 10 pounds is sitting on my butt/hips. I never tried yoga. I just hope I'm not too much of a klutz to do it. :lol:
Congrats! Yoga gets easier each time you do it, at least for me. My school offers free yoga classes each week, and I was a bit unsteady at first. The more I did it, the more stable I feel in the poses and the longer I can hold them. They also offered a hiking yoga day where we hiked up the mountain on campus and did yoga at the top. Despite going to yoga, it felt very unsteady for me trying the poses! Bet the uneven ground worked different muscles than on flat ground and why it was hard to balance, but this too would probably get easier with time, too.

There are also different styles of yoga. Like some that focus more on stretching, some on balance, and some on strengthening. Let us know what you think if you try it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten up the ambition to try the exercises yet, but I did increase my walk from 1 hour per day to 2 hours per day. I lost 2 pounds, so 8 pounds from my goal. I'm not allowed to go below 125 pounds according to my doctor, but I doubt I would ever get that low, I never have before.

Status
Not open for further replies.