The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

@Lily Paddy  how did you make out with your elliptical?

I'm interested to hear if you got it set up yet.

I did two hours of yoga yesterday. An hour of Vinyassa flow in the morning and then Yin yoga for flexibility before bed.

90 minutes of yoga and then a 90 minute walk today.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Monday - 

3.5 miles on the treadmill

3 miles walked during lunch

13 of 13 hours with 300+ steps

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Winchester  How is your knee?

So far I am a tad sore. Hit the gym again last night-still half of my normal.

27 minutes on elliptical and I was aiming for 10 min mile but it was 10:30 for the first and a tad longer on the next. total 2.45 miles. I was going to spin fast to get that last 0.05 mile but I had already done my cooldown. The last 3 minutes on there I stretch my arms/shoulders/hands/wrists to save time.

then the stretch machine to do my butt/thighs/back then over to the smith machine. Suprisingly there were 2 of them open. Last night was pizza night-normally there are a ton of people but there wasn't too many last night.

Chest press/squat/overhead press then the universal weights and did sitting rows= everything else was busy so I quit then.

I plan to go tonight again but I won't be able to do weights for my arms-gonna try those ab machines-they have one you kneel on and swing hips side to side-like a swivel chair. you set the weight too. I was at 40lb the last time I was there. then the weighted ab bench 35lb last time. I plan to try 40 lb on that tonight. My friend at work (he's a tree 6'4') He does 180lbs!! that's INSANE! he's just built tall and just strong as a bull. He was up to 180lb weights on the bar for the smith machine chest press. I said keep it up then we can design a platform for me to lay on and you can press me up and down LOL. Sorry-he's a nut and wish we lived closer because we would have a ball at the gym...unless I drive to Biddeford Maine...still searching for a gym buddy but at this point I give up and just go alone.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't too bad this morning on the treadmill. I started out slowly, at 3.5 mph and then gradually increased speed as I went. I started taking Osteo-BiFlex again and I'm also rubbing Traumeel pain ointment on it. It's not twinging like it was; on Saturday and Sunday, I was getting sharp pains that made me grab hold of stuff so I wouldn't fall and I was having trouble straightening my leg. And I was holding onto the treadmill with my right hand a lot. This morning, it seems better. As long as I can walk on it, I'll be fine. Thanks.

Half is good. Don't push it. I think you're doing a great job!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I took a day of today. Chicken had to go to the vet first thing in the morning, then I had to go to the dentist to get some antibiotics for a gum infection. I'm going back next week to see if it's cleared up or if I need an extraction. I'm hoping they just pull the darn thing. I've had so much trouble with that one tooth over the past five years. All that's left of it now is an empty shell filled with metal. They've pulled the nerves out but the root is still there.

I feel like getting a pair of pliers and pulling it out myself.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, @Norachan, I hope that tooth can heal or get pulled, whichever works out the best for you. Tooth pain is simply horrible. Is Chicken OK, was it just for a regular vet visit? Kudos for taking a day off, though; sometimes it's really needed!

Tuesday - 

3.5 miles on the treadmill

13 of 13 hours with 300+ steps (Between the treadmill in the morning and then walking around the house and getting ready for work, I was pretty much getting 13 hours in anyway, so I thought I'd change my Blaze around to show it)

I'm pretty much averaging 20,000 steps a day now that I got the Blaze to work properly. Still having some issues with floors. The Blaze tracks one floor for every 10 feet of elevation (not on a treadmill or elliptical, obviously). We live in a bi-level so we have steps and I am continually going down and up the steps in the course of a day. But if I don't swing my arm, the Blaze won't catch it. So now I'm trying to be more careful at making sure the floors count. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday - 

3.75 miles on the treadmill

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Gym last night. Speed drills on elliptical. I did a mile in 10:03 minutes then another at 10:33. total 45 min forgot how many miles.

Then various arm machines-ones I hadn't tried yet.

Ab crunch machine-got up to 50lbs.

Smith machine overhead press, squats, dead man lift with no weight. I stayed longer than I expected...didn't leave until 7:30 because one clock on the wall said 6:30 and that's the one I was paying attention to. I didn't get there until after 5 so wasn't too bad.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you @Winchester

Chicken fell out of a tree, I think. She hasn't broken any bones, but she's on pain meds for the next five days. She's hobbling around like a little old lady.

My antibiotics seem to be working. My face is almost back to normal size now.

90 minutes of yoga and about 30 minutes yard work today. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I"m glad Chicken is OK and no bones were broken. 

You all are rocking your exercise! Keep going!

Thursday - 

4 miles on the treadmill

While waiting on Dear Richard at the doctor's yesterday, I went outside twice to get my 300+ steps, walking around in the parking lot. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was crazy busy at work today, but I managed an hour of yoga afterwards.

The weather has been weird today, it was snowing when I got up but by 2 pm all the cats were outside sunning themselves.

Come on spring time!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Friday -

No treadmill and no lunch walk

12,000 steps

13 of 13 hours with 250+ steps

Today (Saturday)

Probably not much of anything (sorry, I turned into a slug today)

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am loving my elliptical I am hating that my body is sore I am loving that it's probably sore because it needed to move I have not been half as hungry and I am totally motivated to get a good workout routine in my body every day except Sunday I am for 15 minutes 4 times a day and I am walking a mile on my lunch I did recently start having ankle weights on my legs at work and been doing little workouts while I'm there moving them up to my wrist and doing things with my arms I also bought a workout chair with a swivel seat and cantilever tension chords and I use that at work often too I just really felt as though my health took a back seat after I was so sick a few months ago I had a sinus infection that led to pneumonia that led to pleurisy I was never that sick in my lifetime my breathing was horrible I'm just starting to get my wind back and I really feel good except for being sore

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am loving my elliptical I am hating that my body is sore I am loving that it's probably sore because it needed to move I have not been half as hungry and I am totally motivated to get a good workout routine in my body every day except Sunday I am for 15 minutes 4 times a day and I am walking a mile on my lunch I did recently start having ankle weights on my legs at work and been doing little workouts while I'm there moving them up to my wrist and doing things with my arms I also bought a workout chair with a swivel seat and cantilever tension chords and I use that at work often too I just really felt as though my health took a back seat after I was so sick a few months ago I had a sinus infection that led to pneumonia that led to pleurisy I was never that sick in my lifetime my breathing was horrible I'm just starting to get my wind back and I really feel good except for being sore
Good for you, Lily Paddy! 
 Keep up the excellent work!

I'm probably taking a break from walking. My knee is very painful again and I'm more than a little worried about it. There has to be something else I can do for a while, but I want to rest the knee and see what happens.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I have a question maybe one of you can help.. I have a Nordic track ACT.. and i can adjust my "Stride" is there any advantage to this other than comfort? i can do all 3 adjustments .. im 5'6 1/2.. i dont understand what dif it makes.. 

Status
Not open for further replies.