That corner of the bed, right by my head...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see that... I've always heard that boy cats are more lapcats... and Max is definitely our lapcat while Baylee is definitely not.

G

ghostuser

Merlin slept on my head for the first few weeks, and then experimented with different areas of the bed. I think the problem was that I tossed and turned too much. I woke up a few times having smacked him in my sleep because he was sleeping at waist level.
Now he either sleeps next to me with his head on the pillow, or goes upstairs and sleeps with my mom until mid-morning. By that time I'm completely out cold and won't move, and he'll sleep wherever there is room on the bed. Mer, L.S., and Ho Ho all sleep with me, usually at the same time, and I've never noticed them staking out claim to certain areas. But then again, I am the alpha in the house, and the know not to try anything silly.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel really sorry for Dushka because I had her for over a year before I got Ellie and she always slept with me and of course had undivided attention. Ellie gradually became Alpha cat and pushes Dushka (and now Persil) out of the way, eating their food before her own, etc. Dushka always slept under the covers beside me, but Ellie now comes in, pushes her away, and then settles down in a slightly different spot. Dushka usually then goes and sleeps in a chair. Persil will come and cuddle against Ellie. I try to give them all time and last night for instance I shut Ellie and Persil out of hte bedroom so Dushka could sleep in her old spot, and she purred for ages before going to sleep and never moved till morning. I also feed Dushka away from the others, as she will walk away if Ellie pushes her and not come back. I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but I hate to see her upset. She doesn't like Ellie, and I can understand why, but has accepted Persil, who gets on with both the others and plays and grooms with them.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 out of my 6 cats sleep with / on me.

K.C. sleeps on the pillow above my head. It's HER spot. There are times when she'll get up & then Dusty takes that spot; but then K.C. comes back and Dusty moves down to my arm. Dusty knows not to undermine K.C.'s "area".

Snickers sleeps on my feet. Like clockwork. All I have to do is go upstairs for the evening & he is at my heels, then on my feet!

Zorro sleeps sort of off to the side, corner of the bed near Snickers.

Hammie sleeps next to my chest. He didn't for a long time, but started recently after I took in Snickers & Dusty.

The only one of my cats who does not sleep with me is Miss Jessie, but I think it's truthfully because my Queen sized bed is just too darned small. With me, and 5 other cats and the pillows we all use? Poor Jess doesn't fit!

The cats certainly have THEIR spots on THEIR bed. I popped my eyes open this morning and all 5 of them were in their spots, just like every morning. Miss Jessie was on the floor next to my bed, staring up at me all lovey eyed.

I need a bigger bed I guess.