"That cat is not staying." Uh-hu. Right.

stevenboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Week end before last we and guests thought we heard a kitty meowing. This went on all day Friday and Saturday. Looked around. No kitty. Saturday night I stepped outside (I'm a night person and heard of hearing) and thought I heard a kitty meowing. So. I got the flashlight and looked all around the back yard, In the trees. On the roof. No kitty.

Sunday morning the wife woke me up. "You gotta come out hear." So I get up and go the the back porch. "Theres a kitten meowing 'under the porch.' Sure enough. The porch sits almost on the ground. So. Out comes the shovel to make a couple tunnels for kitty escape. Kitty does not make an appearance. Put down a piece of meat and a bowl of milk. Still no kitty.

Now can you imagine a mature lady (Senior citizen. I gotta be careful here.) on her tummy at the edge of the porch saying, "Here Kitty, kitty, kitty?" 

We sat in our chairs and waited. Finally after about thirty minutes this little black and white fuzz ball comes out from under the porch. He (she, it, whatever.) He sits on the ground for a while looking at us. Final he makes an attempt to jump onto the porch. He lets me reach over and place him on the porch. We just sat there and let him decide what he was going to do. After a bit I wiggled my fingers at floor level. He cautiously approached my hand and started licking my fingers.

Now. Hold that thought. I have never been a cat people. Have had a couple large dogs but never a cat. So. My little bride says, "Oh. He is so cute." I responded with, "That cat ain't stayin'." So. I drove down to the dollar store and got some kitten food and kitty litter.

Monday I head into town. "Get some powdered kitten milk while your in town." "That cat ain't stayin'." Kitten loves the kitty milk.

Tuesday I am at the farm store telling the girl at the counter that cat ain't stayin'. So she has me wait a second. Then brings me something to take home. Kitty loves the mat with catnip in it. And loves the tennis ball someone dropped off for him.

So. Its been eight days since Boots came out from under the porch. That cat ain't stayin'. I got him on of those toys you hang on something so he can swat at it and wrestle with it. He is always on my lap chewing on fingers. He is now sitting next to the keyboard swatting at the keys as I type this. Spell Check works. Dumb cat can't spell. "You ain't stayin' and quit looking at me like that."

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the best story and those pictures top it off. I absolutely love "that cat ain't stayin" [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Welcome to TCS :wavey: So glad you are here! You're wife looks so happy holding that precious kitty that already has you wrapped around her tiny little paw ;)

Looking forward to more stories about your family, your new kitten is adorable!

-Tina

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, how sweet!  enjoy each new day... kittens are so much fun with their big bright eyes, their boundless curiosity, their energetic antics... the next 20 years with that prescious baby are going to go so fast and you will be saying... that cat cant go.  Welcome to the Cat Site.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS
 and to the family of fellow cat lovers

How could you say that cat ain't stayin' to that precious baby.....

I would say Boots is a happy member of your family now and you will be saying "That cat ain't goin'"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stevenboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind welcome. Boots said "Meow".

I told him "No" and put him on the floor after he climbed onto the desk again. Now he is sitting under the recliner staring at me. Making me nervous. LOL.

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a cute story and I love the name Boots.
That little kitty is so cute that I am sure he will be staying!

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Boots said "Meow".

I told him "No" and put him on the floor after he climbed onto the desk again. Now he is sitting under the recliner staring at me. Making me nervous. LOL.
Ha Ha... cats know who the boss in the family is, but they are very patient while we figure it out.  :D

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Really, cat is not staying? LOL.. the next thing you know he captured your heart and he is staying forever .

Ah...sweet little baby, melted your heart already. ;-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was lovely. It's amazing how soft some men can be around a tiny kitten.
I'd love to see what boots looks like now. Please send some more pictures.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love that story,..I have only one issue...you should have named him Gowan..that way, you could at least say, "I told you that cat ain't stayin!"