Thanksgiving - What are your plans?

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, it's going to be a crazy one.

My brother and I are going to my parent's on Wednesday night. My mother has Parkinson's disease and it has progressed to the point that she can hardly walk, let alone cook a Thanksgiving dinner. She's still great at giving directions from her chair though,
. I am a HUGE HUGE stickler for tradition, so of course the "oh we'll just make it easy and simple" has turned into my brother and I cooking an entire traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Scary!

We're also doing the Christmas tree that day since it's so hard for me and my brother to schedule trips up there. And that in itself is a HUGE deal. We've got a 13 foot tree. So, my dad will be prepping the tree (trimming and doing the lights, which usually takes about 3-5 hours alone).

I'm fine doing the dressing, mashed potatoes, and various sides. No problem. It's the turkey I'm terrified of. I have never cooked a turkey in my life. I don't even know what I'm doing. No clue. So that should be interesting..... Wish me luck!!!!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Well, it's going to be a crazy one.

My brother and I are going to my parent's on Wednesday night. My mother has Parkinson's disease and it has progressed to the point that she can hardly walk, let alone cook a Thanksgiving dinner. She's still great at giving directions from her chair though,
. I am a HUGE HUGE stickler for tradition, so of course the "oh we'll just make it easy and simple" has turned into my brother and I cooking an entire traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Scary!

We're also doing the Christmas tree that day since it's so hard for me and my brother to schedule trips up there. And that in itself is a HUGE deal. We've got a 13 foot tree. So, my dad will be prepping the tree (trimming and doing the lights, which usually takes about 3-5 hours alone).

I'm fine doing the dressing, mashed potatoes, and various sides. No problem. It's the turkey I'm terrified of. I have never cooked a turkey in my life. I don't even know what I'm doing. No clue. So that should be interesting..... Wish me luck!!!!!!
You'll do fine! Sounds like fun!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH has to work, like he does every year. He's a Christmas Tree farmer.

My daughter and DIL and grandson are staying home, recuperating from his birth.

So my mom and my brother are having dinner at his house. I'm making the turkey and stuffing at home and taking it over there. My mother is an awful cook.
We'll let her peel the potatos.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Thanksgiving off for the first time in a few years. I doubt I will be doing anything. Sit home and enjoy the company of my cats. My wife has to work. I am very thankful that my wife and I both have our jobs

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Thursday is Thanksgiving in the States. What are you going to do?

I was going to just make a small turkey and all the fixings for DH and I since we have no family here. I only get the one day off, so we are not able to go out of town to his brother's.

LOL I say was because one of the ladies at Church this morning invited us to her house on Thursday! There are going to be several people from the Church that do not have anywhere to go too. I am going to bring deviled eggs! It will be a day of fellowship, games and fun! I haven't spent Thanksgiving with other people in a few years, so I am really looking forward to it!

I will just keep the frozen turkey I bought for Christmas!
A Waifs and Strays Gathering! How lovely.They can be a lot of fun.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I are going to a fantastic Chinese restaurant on Friday (they're closed Thursday). It's just the two of us now so we decided to start a new tradition!

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I and the kids and my parents who live with us will be having a dinner with the trimmings. No else is coming, we didn't invite them. This year, we have only ourselves to worry about. Which means watching the parade on TV, eating turkey and trimmings and watching football. A relaxed day all around. No relatives whining because the food isn't ready while they refuse to lift a finger to help. No need try and keep them entertained. I am so looking forward to this Thanksgiving.