Thanksgiving - What are your plans?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thursday is Thanksgiving in the States. What are you going to do?

I was going to just make a small turkey and all the fixings for DH and I since we have no family here. I only get the one day off, so we are not able to go out of town to his brother's.

LOL I say was because one of the ladies at Church this morning invited us to her house on Thursday! There are going to be several people from the Church that do not have anywhere to go too. I am going to bring deviled eggs! It will be a day of fellowship, games and fun! I haven't spent Thanksgiving with other people in a few years, so I am really looking forward to it!

I will just keep the frozen turkey I bought for Christmas!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hub and I will be working Thursday. Thats one of the interesting things about this business.....we spend our holidays cooking for those who don't want to, lol~

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner at my sister's. We are sharing the cooking responsibilities. I am making apple pie from scratch.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing. I am *so* happy to have no one to entertain, no need to clean house or put on a show - just me, one other person, & the fur kids. I couldn't ask for more.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be setting up for OryCon, our local science fiction convention, which starts the next day. We will have a turkey dinner, however. The Con Chair has several friends, one of whom has offered to cook all the turkey(s) and other main stuff... so, after our setting up and running around like chickens, we will have turkey.

Then the mayhem begins.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing special, I will have turkey with some family and then I'm going to be working on a paper that's due on Monday. I might play some call of duty or army of 2 to relieve some stress from working on the paper
oh and of course shop on black friday..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack & I are going to an early Thanksgiving lunch with my family at my sister Monica's house in Mississippi. After that we're comming back to Memphis to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wednesday night we're going to North Carolina for a few days to spend Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Hubby & I alternate who's parents we spend which holiday with each year (though this year we're having Xmas at our house since its the first one we'll be spending there). Cannot wait for my mom's amazing cooking
My mouth is ready to salivate just thinking about it!

Saturday is my brother's birthday so we'll be going to breakfast or lunch with him then coming home to spend some time with Rob's aunt & uncle who'll be down from Maine until Monday.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I have already had one of our Thanksgiving dinners. We went to his sister's house and celebrated there - mmmm Deep Fried Turkey

Later this week, we will join my sister and her hubby for some Oven Baked Turkey mmmmm

Deep Fried, Oven Baked, Cold on a sandwich - I sure do love turkey

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I volunteered our new house for Thanksgiving this year. That means most people will have to drive 1.5 hours, but there will be more space. My parents are coming down the day before to help prepare everything.

My coworkers think I'm nuts because they don't understand that I've helped my mom almost every single year my entire life prepare for over 30 people sometimes.
We'll probably have around 20-25 people.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its going to be a crazy holiday for me! I have to drive to Knoxville tomorrow to go pick up the beau!
And then staying at his house Tuesday night, coming home in time to work 1-6 on Wed. and then staying at his parents house wed. night. Thursday I have to work for 2 hours in the morning and then we will be going to my families that afternoon, and then driving to Kentucky after dinner to go see his family. And staying in Kentucky until Saturday afternoon and then back to Knoxville!
Its going to be busy!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MIL's as usual. It's sad that my family has forgotten about my mother. They used to invite her every year when Nana was alive.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

MIL's as usual. It's sad that my family has forgotten about my mother. They used to invite her every year when Nana was alive.
Why not politely mention it or ask if she could come too?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

We're having a quiet day at home doing nothing. When we don't get together with family (mine's in AL and Gary's mom is in Chicago), we usually cook a small dinner for ourselves. But this year we don't want to bother. We'll be busy being thankful we have a quiet day with no fuss!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Mom took offense last year when I said something. I don't know how we got away asking family to take Nana without her knowing. Mom always seems to it out. It's starting to tick me off.

Thankfully my MIL is nice enough to share holidays with her. She has been spending Christmas Day and Thanksgiving with us for 3 years now. Shame on my family though.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've already had my Thanksgiving. My parents are going down to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving and when I told them I was to busy to make the trip, they made Thanksgiving dinner when I went over to their house Saturday. I had leftovers last night, and on top of that, we had a Thanksgiving meal at work on Thursday. I'm already tired of turkey, so I'll probably end up cooking something like a pizza on Thursday.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For once i am actually very excited about thanksgiving. the hubby to be and i are going over my best friend's parents house for dinner (i was invited there last year too). I have been friends with Jen for over 9 years so her parents are like my adoptive family. Apparently the feeling is mutual becaus in addtion to both her parents, her, her bf, me my hubby to be and a family friend her parents ALSO invited my sister her son and bf AND my brother. there will be 11 (and a half since my sister is prego) people there! I havent had a big thanksgiving in years and as a child i DREADED thanksgiving beacuse in my house it meant eating food i hated (canned asparagus) and doing ALL of the dishes! haha!

We are only allowed to bring soda. My friends mom wants to do all of the cooking. We ladies will help clean up though.

After dinner we are all (accept my friends parents and their friend) Going to my sisters to decorate her christmas tree.

PLUS is have a four day weekend *dances* YAY!!! lol

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what I'm doing...

I am sure my grandma will be cooking this year and I think there is some family comming over... But my mom also wants me to spend thanksgiving with her.

I think that during the hollidays you should be surrounded by family and friends, but my fiance has always spent his hollidays indoors and around no one except his mom and dad... So I am sure he would be more comfortable at my mom's because she doesn't like to do things big either.

But I want to be with the larger side of my family...
What to do...

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll just be me, Mom and my sister, so we'll fix a small turkey with the trimmings. Our excitement for the day will be watching THE MACY'S THANKSGIVING PARADE on TV.