Thanks to you, and a question

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been around on here a little while now.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out with those fur mummy panic moments, and share the fact that I've learned so much which has helped me with so much and squash so many worries. 

I'd like to pose a question.

What's the most valuable thing you have learned through this forum?

for me it's that no matter what the issue is there are people who only want to help.

Thanks to all and I'd hope that my few posts on here have helped some people too.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the biggest thing for me is knowing there is a place where I can discuss things in graphic detail and no one thinks I'm strange for it! I mean, really, try talking your cats potty issues with folks that don't have and/or like cats. Or telling them how much time, effort, and money you are putting into taking care of your terminally-ill kitty who is in home-hospice care.

I also always felt I was weird for crying at stories where people lost their pet. I mean, that's the kind of life I grew up in, having always had pets, but we had a LOT of pets and most everyone I know did not have anywhere near the number we have had in my lifetime. But then I came here, and learned there are people that care about your pets as much as you do, will celebrate the little victories with you, and mourn your losses with you. There's just something comforting in that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think I could name just one thing. :dk: I've learned SO much on this site in the past almost 11 years and have met so many people that I now consider friends. :nod:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing? Wow that's tough. I guess it would be learning about feline nutrition. I joined this site just as I was bringing my first kitties home so I learned a lot about what they should be eating. Now if someone would just tell THEM that, it would be great! 

I have 3 picky eaters- all different levels of picky. Henry is mildly picky, Sophie is moderately picky and Lilith is SUPER picky. Meal time is such fun. 

Henry was such a good eater at first and then the diva sisters got a hold of him and taught him their picky ways. I'm convinced that the girls learned THEIR picky ways from the empress of picky- my DD. The girls were good at first and then DD came home for spring break. When she went back, they were picky. I don't think it's a coincidence. I think she taught a pick eaters seminar while I was at work. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have learned so much it's hard to pinpoint just one thing.

I guess the main thing I have learned is that no matter where we are in the world, we are not alone and there is always someone who is around to help, comfort or just make you laugh at yourself and the life we spend with our furry kitties. 
 With the help of the dancing banana!!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with all of those above. I love how there is no such thing as a stupid or lame question when it comes to our cats. No judgemental calls are ever made on this site, only help from caring people who willingly want to share their knowledge/experiences to others for the welfare of the feline community. By the same token, I love how our members share the funny stories of our cats, the sweet pictures, and joys on how are cats make our lives that much better!! I appreciate all of you so much. Like those above mentioned, I too have learned so much!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with everything everyone has said so far. It's nice to know that there are people out there that love cats as much as I do. 

I've said it before and it bears repeating. This is the best forum on the web. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree completely with all that has been said. There is not one thing which can sum up how I feel about this site. 

I came here, not knowing what to think. I was a lurker for a long time before I joined. I wanted to see how this forum was structured. I was not disappointed at all! When I became a member, I was immediately welcomed and felt welcome; That is extremely rare to find in a group such as this. 

I have found it to be a spot where, I can be myself, and not judged. I can talk about my cat, and people will understand how I feel. There are kind people here. People I feel I can turn to about almost anything. 

People who understand me for who I am..and how I feel about my guy.. 

Helpful people. Non judgmental. 

I feel I can talk about just 'things' in general and always find support. 

I have learned so much! It is incredible. I have found so much support in my dealing with Artie and all his crisis's...I hope I can return the gesture...The people here are so knowledgable....so helpful

We may all be crazy cat people, but that is not all we are. We are a group of caring people. Not only caring about cats, but caring about each other as well.

I have made a few friends here. I am grateful. 

We are an international group--how much more diverse and cultural can that be??? Not much at all. This forum is a one of a kind. 

In closing, I want to say how glad I am that I found this group. How blessed I am that this group came to be. How wonderful the members are. Thank you for allowing me to be a member and to be able to express myself...

Last edited:

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here, but the best thing about finding this site is that I finally have someone to talk to. I don't know a lot of cat people. I've gotten a lot of weird looks for researching and talking about things like raw food and leash training. Heck, I've gotten weird looks for wearing my cat-print sweater. I've just always felt weird, like being a cart person automatically made me a "crazy cat lady" and that was a bad thing, but now, being here, I feel like I can be myself.
Following along with that, it was so great to have some support after Jasper died. Most of my friends and family just don't seem to get my bond with him or my devastation at his death.
You guys might be complete strangers, but you're awesome and I couldn't be happier to have "met" you. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww It's great to read all your replies on the topic, it's kind of what I was getting at. No matter what on here, there's always someone out to help you and support you.

On more local pet groups I'm a member of there is a real judgmental "you shouldn't be doing this" vibe. Even if the person is unknowingly doing something that's wrong.

Everyone here just wants the best for their animals and we all share the love in our furrbabies.

I guess you're right there are so many things to be learned from the forum, it's great we can all share good practice and knowledge to make our lives easier and happier when we care for our little ones.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That I am not the crazy cat mom my husband says I am. IBD vs Lymphoma, Novel Protiens and Rescuing kittens. All things that vets do not put much detail into. I learn/see something new everyday!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys helped me take care of Bud when I was a noob cat owner and didn't know how to deal with certain things. I am extremely grateful for that. I also like to lurk in the foster threads and read the thoughts of people who open their homes to homeless pets. One day I hope to be able to foster.

I think one thing that separates this forum from other cat sites is that a lot of people here walk the walk...they do rescue, volunteer, foster, etc. It's not just about posting cute photos of cats, it's about helping them.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for this wonderful thread. 

We all get great things from TCS, support and advice and friendship. I hope everyone keeps paying this forward, replying to others and providing them with the very same. It is how our community keeps growing, after all. Thank you! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The collective brain.
It's surely a great board of ideas for people to bounce off, my personal favorite is the home made stuff thread. some lovely ideas in there!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow...how to distill it all into one thing...OK...misquote, "It takes a village to raise a cat."  And this is my village.  Everyone here listens, and is ready to laugh with me, to cry with me, to advise me, or to just keep me company during those dark nights of the soul.  This is, in a real way, Home.