Thank You!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember who it was, but a few months ago a member posted a thread about this website called Freecycle

Well this has to be one of the best websites I have ever found. Its an online localized listserv of people in your area who post things they no longer need or want and you can respond and take them. Its almost like a free online classfied service.

Well, I have been complaining to Brendan about how much I HATE our tiny full size bed from the stone age. Its small and VERY uncomfortable. Well yesterday a freecycle member sent and email out that they want to give away a year old Queen size pillow top mattress and boxspring!!! I jumped on responding and got it. They're even going to deliver it to my apartment!!! I am so excited I won't have to spend money on a new bed.

The only disclaimer was its coming from an apartment where the neighbors smoked. apparently the smoke smell came through the vents and so there is a smoke smell on the mattress. I am hoping a little febreeze will help this. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get the smoke smell out of this mattress please let me know.

I just want to thank that TCS member again (whoever you are) for directing me to Freecycle!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you will be able to save some $$$$
If you know anyone with a carpet cleaning machine (i.e. I have a couple of Bissell cleaners), you could try to clean it. You would probably need to give it a couple days of drying time though.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beryl,

That is a cool site - thank you for sharing. I pitch stuff but I hate to throw it away because some of it isn't in bad shape. I'm going to be needed to figure out what to do with a dining room table soon - maybe I will post it there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Beryl,

That is a cool site - thank you for sharing. I pitch stuff but I hate to throw it away because some of it isn't in bad shape. I'm going to be needed to figure out what to do with a dining room table soon - maybe I will post it there.
you are welcome. I hope you are able to find it as useful as i have!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh beryl!
you could have ours! lol! ours isnt even 3 months old and i already hate it!
as for the smoke i dont know how to get rid of it, considering ben smokes so im never going to be able to get the smoke away!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed you were in Virginia so you may know where a Food Lion grocery store is located ... go into the cleaning supplies aisle and look in the place where the Febreeze and other odor eliminators are ... you may find a bottle of stuff called Odaban. It is wonderful. As someone whose husband smokes cigars no less, I can testify that it works. I also have my male breeding cat who hoses this house down with stud spray on a regular basis, so take my word for it when I tell you this stuff is wonderful. I don't care for the smell of Odaban, but it goes away shortly - and takes other odors with it.

Hope this helps,

~gf~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I noticed you were in Virginia so you may know where a Food Lion grocery store is located ... go into the cleaning supplies aisle and look in the place where the Febreeze and other odor eliminators are ... you may find a bottle of stuff called Odaban. It is wonderful. As someone whose husband smokes cigars no less, I can testify that it works. I also have my male breeding cat who hoses this house down with stud spray on a regular basis, so take my word for it when I tell you this stuff is wonderful. I don't care for the smell of Odaban, but it goes away shortly - and takes other odors with it.

Hope this helps,

~gf~
Thanks for the tip! I live minutes away from a Food Lion, I will stop there on my way home from work today.