Thank you and Good Night...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, ya know, when I came downstairs, I was all set to subject you all to a long involved whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine about my crappy week. In short, it's my crazy busiest time of the year at work, and none of the gazillion things that contribute to that is cooperating. There are other things going on that don't help, too. But the world is not about to come to an end. However -- you were going to get the works, the whole sorry lot, because I was really feeling sorry for myself.

Then I read a bunch of threads. And I posted a few replies. And now all I am is tired
and content
. So I'll spare you the bleat, and just say "Thank you and Good Night".
I think I'll go to bed now

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always sobering here - there are always people much worse off than you, whom you cannot help in any way except to express sympathy or good wishes. I sometimes feel so helpless. And then again, there are always posts that shake you out of a bad mood, by being funny, uplifting, etc. I guess that's why I love it here!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awww Fran - glad we could be of service
. Seriously though, I hope your busy time settles down soon and all those other things melt into nothing. When you wake up tomorrow it will be a brighter, sunnier day

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, instead of hearing Fran whine, we can see a pic of Rosie whining about something. Is her catnip not room temperature?

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat is Rosie ! !

Thank you for posting the pic !

When I get a little more familiar with the 'puter, I will try my hand at posting so all of you can see my manx/munchkin Grey -- boy, is HE wierd ! !

Leonard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It'll likely stay wacky for another couple of months or so, actually, but I've been here twenty-four times before and I know it ends. Perspective and humour was what I needed, and I got it here.

Thanks for your good wishes and thanks for that sweet in-your-face Rosie pic, Susan. She's special. You all are.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww don't forget me Frannie.....I'm special too, just didn't see this thread thill now! Hang in there!
Tiggy wants to know if you need a hug?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Tigs, you're a sweetie
-- like your Mum. Thanks.

(But I'd better shut down and get outta here now -- I've had my playtime
)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
At least the weekend is drawing near, Fran, and Easter is right around the corner! I can sympathize, as I'm up to my neck in work (tests) right now, too. Coming here is a great way to relax for a while.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

At least the weekend is drawing near, Fran, and Easter is right around the corner! I can sympathize, as I'm up to my neck in work (tests) right now, too. Coming here is a great way to relax for a while.
You're right about that!! Even when I'm crazy busy -- or maybe especially -- I grab a few minutes every so often to blow the dust out of my head between things, and then drive on with the next dose of insanity.

Easter's not much consolation in terms of craziness, but it's a different craziness, and I love it. (The joys of a chorister
-- plus our niece is getting married on the Saturday, in Victoria.)

Milky, my dear boy, what a lovely restful countenance you present. How could anyone stress out after seeing you? Please give your Dad a nice headbonk for posting your pic.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran I'm so sorry it's, like,

Hopefully, Victoria will be splendid - how lovely!
But when things get too much, Sasha has a great way of just tuning it all out and checking into kitty-nirvana:

You might want to try it, right now on the floor of your office! Works like a charm.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOOOOOOOOOOOO, a Sasha kitty pic, too! We don't get many of those (or I manage to miss them?) How lovely!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did Scarlett O'Hara say? "Tomorrow is another day!" Let's just hope it's a little better than THIS one, right? She also said something about depending "on the kindness of strangers." Does that apply to people who talk to each other all the time but have never actually met?

(Sounds like you're gearing up for a little champagne sipping in a warm bubble bath! Don't knock it until you've tried it!)

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Middy says you are getting very, very sleeeppy....

She knows how to get her metabolic rate so low she's in hibernation right now. Maybe she can teach you and when you wake up, it will be summer and all busy work will be over.