Thank God For My Two New Cats!

miraclecats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are Gaspar and Balthazar. Named after two of the wise men because they came at Christmas. Gaspar came this fall and wouldn't let us pet him. He slowly got used to us and stayed in our garage. It was getting so cold here in the upper Midwest that I was very worried about him. Then, at our church, on Christmas Eve, another kitty showed up. Pretty blue with bright green eyes. I couldn't get him in the car so I just prayed he would find our garage or another kind person. Guess who showed up at our garage the next night? There he was with Gaspar and they had already become the best of friends, eating and sleeping together. And they were both unfixed males! In December Gaspar had decided to keep us so he let us pet him and wanted to come in. But, Balti ran away. So, we left Gaspar out as we were afraid Balti would freeze without him and we wanted to get both of them in. The next morning they woke me up meowing at the front door! I got them both in on the front porch and into cat carriers and put them in the basement den until we could get them neutered and shots, etc, this week. We didn't want to bring them upstairs til they had shots because we have a dog. So they got neutered yesterday, bathed, wormed, and revolution. Brought them both home today. They are doing so good! They are wonderful kitties. Love each other and us! Wind around our legs and just want to eat and be petted endlessly. Got them a big scratching x shape thing made out of cardboard and a circle cardboard with a ring and ball around the outside. But, they decided they prefer to sharpen and stretch on the Sisel rug in the hallway :) Got them toys but they don't know how to play :( Just such wonderful cats. The miracle part? I haven't had a cat since my last one died close to twenty years ago. Got terrible welts, itching and redness. I've always been told it all depends on the dander but hadn't found a cat yet that I could touch. Until now. Yes, the two stray cats that God brought me on Christmas? I'm not allergic to either of them. I cried tonight. I have missed having cats so much! I had two dogs that passed and love the one we have still have as well, but but kitties are so special. It's so much joy to hold a kitty again and play with and pet one. Sorry so long but just wanted to share my special Christmas gift from Jesus. Tried to upload a pic or two but after I browsed and chose nothing happened.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
32C024CB-A657-46BA-BEE3-73C1829BF3C7.gif
miraclecats, Gaspar and Balthazar, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
FCD8CC0A-FC1E-4F23-B493-C14947AFA426.gif

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

What a nice Christmas gift. Am sure you are very happy. They are beautiful :happycat::lovecat4:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:

What handsome boys :redheartpump:
Your story is fantastic to read ! You and your kitties are meant to be :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great story! It sounds perfect, because they are friendly to you and to each other. It's nice that they will have a buddy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful Christmas gifts! I love their names, and I loved their story. LOL, there won't be any Chris-mice at YOUR house with those two on patrol!

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome! What a wonderful Christmas surprise for you and for them. I love how you phrased it that they decided to keep you. That seems to be how it is with cats. We don't have cats, they have humans ;)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You cried last night,and I choked up just now reading about it.

These kinda stories are the best for warming an old truckers soul. Thanks for sharing them. So glad both you and these beautiful cats were ready for each other at this moment. Remember it,cherish it...these moments are so few and far between.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miraclecats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You cried last night,and I choked up just now reading about it.

These kinda stories are the best for warming an old truckers soul. Thanks for sharing them. So glad both you and these beautiful cats were ready for each other at this moment. Remember it,cherish it...these moments are so few and far between.
Wow. Thank you so much for helping me appreciate what a miracle this is for me and them. It's the beginning of a period of my life that I will cherish and never forget. My new little family. I feel so blessed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: What a wonderful story. Gaspar and Balthazar are beautiful kitties. And so very lucky to have found their way to your home. :catlove:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. You will enjoy every minute here and learn much. I love your story about how your cats came to you. I do believe in a miracle working God. It seems your allergy is a thing of the past and you have two forever companions. Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures. Which cat is which. Your grey one looks like my Snoop.