Texting is the new e-mail?

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I text all the time, because of the fact its unlimited on my phone and its cheaper then talking, plus when my bf and i are at work and cant talk its the best way for us to communicate. i also text him when we are in the same house only after the fact i called him about 5 time (not fom phone tho) and he has his phone on him 24/7 i just think its easier for me

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I'm always texting too. My mom and I text during Packer games, mostly when we're mad at them, lol...
How do you get to go to Packer Games?! We LOOOVE going to them, but can never get tickets!
ANyways...I love to text. I would text instead of talking anyday. I'm addicted. I havent paid my cell bill though, and the turned my phone off, so I havent texted in a couple weeks.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

LOL...you mean you don't have a camera or music on your phone??
I hope you aren't seriously shocked - unless you're under the age of 25, then I could understand your horror at my archaicness.

I spend most of my free time reading or riding my Harley when I'm not volunteering for charity events, so I don't own an iPod, nor do I want one! I have a CD player and a few preferred CDs at home and in my car, and I listen to online radio at work, so why would I want/need to bundle these things on a tiny little cell phone with a tiny little battery?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

That sounds like a great price! 50 hours = 3000 minutes, and even if I calculate 1 pound = $2.00usd, that would still be about $40.00. That's really cheap... what is the conversion rate pound to $ now-a-days???
Your more or less spot on!. I always just double the $ to our £ to get a rough idea of the price difference.

It's an excellent package because i do all my calls to landlines on an evening, and if anyone wants to ring me for a chat i tell them to let the phone ring twice then hangup and i'll ring them back because of it being free otherwise it would cost them a lot to ring a mobile.

lilboardingurl6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh gosh!!! I first started off with a trac fone when i was 15, and all the money that should be used to emergencies, ended up going to texting! Then when I decided to upgrade my cell phone to a plan, I refused to get texting on it, well you know what happend a month later, I put texting on my phone. I am again addicted to texting, and almost went over my 500 limit. AHH they should of never invented texting!!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I send many more text messages than emails. I probably send about 50 texts a day and maybe 2 or 3 e-mails.

I send well over 2,000 text messages a month but it's only $10 for $1000 texts.

Texting is heaps cheaper then calling and the internet is much more $$$