Testicular swelling

nursybert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am taking my 8 month old ginger kitty to vet in the am but he is very miserable tonight with testicular swelling. He won't eat. I am force feeding him broth and baby food and water but am so worried about his discomfort. Any suggestions for keeping him comfortable until ?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know in humans this is often caused by a blockage and ice is the only thing that helps with the pain.  I have to ask is there a reason why your  kitty isn't neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nursybert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a rescue kitty and have had him a few weeks. He is scheduled to be neutered in 2 weeks. I have 14 rescue kitties and only 4 left to be spayed/neutered. I wish I had the funds to do this as soon as I get them, but am doing the best I can and giving them a good healthy, loving life. Thank you for your advice. I will try it. He is very miserable.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your kitty feels better very soon.  I understand about lack of funds.  I didn't mean to sound judgemental but occasionally we get people with warped ideas about the kitties should keep  their 'manhood'.

nursybert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did not take it as such. I have enough criticism being a crazy cat lady. Getting kitties spayed/neutered is one of the first things I try to do after getting them healthy. Usually I get a kitten or an adolescent cat that is ill or hurt and they are abandoned to fend for themselves or I come home from work and find someone has "given" me a cat. Of course that means a vet bill and lots of nursing and TLC. But if I can make a difference in that kitty's life, then it's all worth it. But, I suffer when they do. Hate to see one in pain or sick.

nursybert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Took my kitty in this morning. The vet will neuter him and give him a steroid shot. He feels it is a virus and he should make a full recovery shortly.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad he will be okay.  I hadn't thought of a virus.  At one time that would happen with men when they caught mumps, with the advent of vaccines it isn't something you hear about at least in the U.S.

nursybert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for being there with your sound advice and big hearts. I am very thankful to all of you.