Terrible News

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left the kittens locked in the bathroom with thier mom and the space heater because i thought there was still hope for her to nurse them and that if I supplemented a little bit just in case would work.

Well I woke up this morning and Yen sorta took care of Hitomi but Yuki was already cold and stiff. I am so devastated. I should have just trusted my gut when I felt that I should've taken over and now Yuki is in heaven. I am taking Hitomi into the vet today ( a different one) because I dont want the same thing to happen to her.

Its so surpising because Yuki was the bigger of the two and she ate way more than the other one yesterday. I thought things were finally starting to get better.

I love you Yuki. RIP.

P.S. what do I do with her little body? I've never had to deal with a death before.

WAAAAAHHAAAA!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got through to a vet that will take my Hitomi. I have the appointment at 2. They didnt even want to see her. They said the treatments for that cure what she has have to wait until shes older. GRRR they haven't even seen her yet! Its like they want them to die!!!!!!!!!!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sad, I am so so sorry, its horrible to lose kittens. When kittens from our fosters die, my husband buries them in a special little spot in our back garden. I have a stone to mark the spot, and I put flowers there . Sounds corny, but like many of you I love them the minute they are born.

megmar6853

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Sometimes mother cat knows better then us. I will pray for your other little one.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I left the kittens locked in the bathroom with thier mom and the space heater because i thought there was still hope for her to nurse them and that if I supplemented a little bit just in case would work.

Well I woke up this morning and Yen sorta took care of Hitomi but Yuki was already cold and stiff. I am so devastated. I should have just trusted my gut when I felt that I should've taken over and now Yuki is in heaven. I am taking Hitomi into the vet today ( a different one) because I dont want the same thing to happen to her.

Its so surpising because Yuki was the bigger of the two and she ate way more than the other one yesterday. I thought things were finally starting to get better.

I love you Yuki. RIP.

P.S. what do I do with her little body? I've never had to deal with a death before.

WAAAAAHHAAAA!!!
I am so terribly sorry. When I had a foster kitten die...I took her body to the vet office since I live in a condo and did not have a blace to bury her. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Katie

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I'm on my way to the vet right now. I'll have news for you later today

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very sad! I hope Hitomi is ok! My last foster litter had colds, and the vet didn't give me any medication for them. They all got better, and all 5 survived.

Sometimes the kittens just don't make it...it is very sad to lose one though, because you love them so much.

I bury my pets and fosters in my yard, under a honeysuckle bush. We have a brief "ceremony" with the kids, to help give them some closure. We don't have a stone marking the area, just the flowering bush. And there is a forum here called Crossing the Bridge where you can post about losing Yuki. It helped me alot when I lost some foster kittens.

Condolences on your loss. Yuki is safe and at peace now.

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss
, hopefully the other baby will be fine

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry poor Yuki didn't make it. A kitty from my Precious's litter a few years ago passed away also - it was devastating. At least they'll grow up in a peaceful place, Rainbow Bridge

I hope Hitomi makes it. Glad you're finally able to bring it to the vet

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I lost both my babies!!!!!!!! I took them both to the vet and they said her prognosis was poor and that she was suffering and that it would be best if I put her down. I found out my little girls were not girls, but little boys. HMmM I thought I could tell the diff. So I agreed to put Hitomi down because I didn't want her to suffer anymore. I have never agreed to putting animals down and I feel sorta dirty now. My heart is completely broken.

RIP YUKI AND HITOMI

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry! How is Yen? Do you know why they said she was suffering?

RIP yuki and hitomi

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Oh I'm so sorry! you poor thing. How is Yen? Do you know why they said she was suffering?

RIP yuki and hitomi
Yen is doing fine. She didn't care when the first one died. I had just had them at the vet a few days ago and the vet said they'd be fine and then this happened. They just said that their colds took a devastating twist durning the night and that I couldn't have known. They had little Hitomi on oxygen while I was deciding her eventual fate. They just weren't strong enough.

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
im sooooooooooo sorry, we were all hoping that one would make it...
I hope you realize you did what was best

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so upset I can't even think straight. I feel angry towards Yen for not helping me try to save these babies and I'm also angry with my self for not doing more.

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dont be mad at yourself, because technically Yen should have done her best, she is the mommy..
And dont be mad at her, because maybe she sensed something was wrong. She started acting differently when the colds began right??
Maybe she knew , and only she will know. which makes that the tough part

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I'm just angry with the whole situation and I don't mean to vent on Yen. She did what instinct told her to do. I just wish things were different!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I had just had them at the vet a few days ago and the vet said ... that their colds took a devastating twist durning the night and that I couldn't have known.
Oh dear ... this isn't good news at all! I am so sorry these babies didn't make it!

I have PM'ed you.

~gf~

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the lose of the babies. They are in good hands adn you made the right decision to stop the suffering. You followed your heart.