Terrible food BEWARE!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutritionally the food given is on the low end of both fat and protein.. The ingrediant s are well lacking alot ...

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luxum

OK wait a minute, are we not allowed to mention brand names in general, or did the lawyers get involved here? There are so many threads on, or mentioning specific brands that haven't had the names modded out that now i'm confused about what i'm allowed to talk about here.
As a general rule, if we are discussing brand names, we should keep those discussions to private message. There are liability issue to the site as a whole when we talk about brand names in the open, public forums and this should always be avoided. You are welcome to have an opinion and to share that opinion with others, however, please make sure to do so in private message, not in the public forums.

Thanks in advance.

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As a general rule, if we are discussing brand names, we should keep those discussions to private message. There are liability issue to the site as a whole when we talk about brand names in the open, public forums and this should always be avoided. You are welcome to have an opinion and to share that opinion with others, however, please make sure to do so in private message, not in the public forums.

Thanks in advance.
I understand this as a general concept and i don't want to give you a hard time, but there are so many threads here that mention specific brand names which receive no moderator intervention that i wonder why this thread specifically has? Half this subforum are threads about a particular brand name and i've never seen mention of this rule before.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HERE is a FORUM rule that may help....

TheCatSite.com Forums is dedicated to cat care & welfare. We are a worldwide forum and therefore a mix of different cultures, races and religions; there is always room for different opinions, however, intolerance, bigotry, and religious ridicule will not be tolerated. Additionally, there is no room for flames, slams, and personal vendettas that carry on to the public view. Posting of graphic and or objectionable photos is strictly forbidden. Anyone caught doing this will be automatically banned.

This thread could be a SLAM against the makers ... It is not saying I dont like this because like many of the threads do , Most of the threads are informative NOT SLAMMING

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I told my roommate that there is actually vegan cat food.
He said.. oh.. that's a good idea. I think that in future we should keep all koala bears in an aquarium. Just imagine how cute they will be swimming around for their euchalypus leaves! And, then we can teach polar bears how to play hockey. They would make the best goalies EVAH!
LOL!
This concept makes no sense to me at all. Cat's are obligate carnivores and they want to feed them food with no meat at all? *blink*
Just because we as humans CAN do something, doesn't mean that we should. If they want a vegetarian pet, they should get one that is vegetarian naturally. Like an iguana or a cow or a rabbit.

Devlyn

luxum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread could be a SLAM against the makers ... It is not saying I dont like this because like many of the threads do , Most of the threads are informative NOT SLAMMING
This thread isn't any worse than the unmoderated threads i've seen about about other poorly formulated brands. In this case, at least i feel like the company is trying to do something good, reducing animal cruelty, etc - however misguided that may be in the context of obligate carnivores. Whereas the other brands are just poorly formulated to lower costs. But if you rag on those supermarket brands, no one edits out the names. It's just strange, like this particular brand-which-may-not-be-named is getting special protections.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luxum

This thread isn't any worse than the unmoderated threads i've seen about about other poorly formulated brands. In this case, at least i feel like the company is trying to do something good, reducing animal cruelty, etc - however misguided that may be in the context of obligate carnivores. Whereas the other brands are just poorly formulated to lower costs. But if you rag on those supermarket brands, no one edits out the names. It's just strange, like this particular brand-which-may-not-be-named is getting special protections.
In this case BOTH the store and the brand were discussed and NO ONE should mention the store cept thru PM s ...

On a side note ... when most are stating a lack of quality it is addressed as a IMHO type manner and the person is usually asking about the product and for OPNIONS...