Terrible experience. =[

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the type of person that slams on my breaks if a squirl crosses the road in front of me (makes a lot of people mad). I just can't imagine hitting something with my car, much less a little kitten. For the most part I think people are just too preoccupied with their own lives to give a hoot about anyone or anything else in the world. I am so sorry this poor little kitty didn't make it. R.I.P. little one, there are many TCS kitties waiting to play with you over the bridge.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did what you could to help the poor thing. It`s all too easy to beat yourself up with the 'if onlys' but you should certainly not be blaming yourself.

Rest In peace sweet pea

bcbc mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MAN!!
THIS is the ONE thing that I just CANNOT get outta my head! Again- I am SO VERRY SORRY that you had to go through that! It'll be o.k. though-there IS a kitty heaven over the Bridge.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for you and all those poor little kittens who are thrown out, and for their mama-kitties whose babies are stolen and dumped off
In 1989, I was following my parents on a rainy Christmas night in San Bernadino, on surface streets; at a red light, I saw a kitten in the middle of the opposite lanes, frantic, meowing. We made eye contact...but then the light turned green and my parents sped off - I had no idea where we were going and for the sake of my daughters who were with me, had no choice but to drive after them (I had no cell phone and my dad didn't see my lights flashing at him
). I don't think I felt better until December,2005, when my hubby & I rescued a little kitten now named Andrea, The Kitten Who Wouldn't Be Road Kill: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...light=roadkill
....In 2007 (I think), I was driving down a dark, deserted country road and saw 2 kittens frantically running by a creek, meowing loudly. A little Siamese and a blue shorthair. They wouldn't come near enough to me to be rescued
I put up flyers; put an announcement on the radio, but no one found them for me
Again, I was so haunted, so this summer, when I went to KMart just before closing, and there were some Mexican kids desperately trying to give away their kittens (the kits were about 6 wks), and I was unsure, but then their dad came out of the store and told them in Spanish to put the box behind the KMart dumpster, for the sake of the 2007 kittens, I took them all
Now I'll need to place them, get them neutered, etc....but it is better than the fate of your sweet baby and those other kittens that we couldn't rescue.
I guess my point is that God gave you such a caring heart - I am sure that He will place you where you can rescue other kittens. And who knows, but that kitten is now in the arms of one of the little girls from SoCal who was stabbed to death by her own mother (3 shocking cases in just 1 month
)
Bless you for caring so much