Tera + 2 - 4

roccityhope

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I work with the local rescues who pull from the shelter and the community, and I pull from community as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

SIGH...I had so hoped...
No matter how much it hurts I have to stand with WMR. We signed our rights away when we handed her over to their care. We didn't want the responsibility of screening potential guardians and still feel that WMR is more than capable of making those decisions for Tera and her long term well being. When we visit with Tera we see a cat that is thriving in her new environment. When I went to see Mercy it was just days after losing Kitten and witnessing her cremation and I pulled my crap together and drove 100 mile round trip and I would have tried to take her by force I think if they had said she wasn't available because of her behavior issues. I would have moved heaven and earth and probably cut a few fences to have her because we knew each other on sight. I want that for Tera and nothing less.

roccityhope

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"We cannot ship a cat across country sight unseen.I suggest you contact your rescuer .We need your physical presence to sign paperwork etc.Thanks,Jen"

So so so sad and defeated right now. I don't have hundreds of dollars to fly and get her.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
"We cannot ship a cat across country sight unseen.I suggest you contact your rescuer .We need your physical presence to sign paperwork etc.Thanks,Jen"

So so so sad and defeated right now. I don't have hundreds of dollars to fly and get her.

Again I have to stand by WMRs decisions no matter how much I want to see Tera adopted. It's not a reflection on you as a person but my trust that the people at WMR have made and continue to make decisions for her best well being. Jen expressed concern over what would happen if things did not work out. I have to agree. I cried all the way to Rio Rancho to surrender her and all the way home we wanted to keep her but a resident cat simply is not going to adapt to a grown cat entering our household. In the end it is the welfare of the cats that must be put above our own desires.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sad tonight but remind myself that we stopped 4 babies from dying a slow death , saved two and the mommy is warm and fed and loved by wonderful volunteers and other people who are looking out for her best interest. I was assured today that they will find her a home soon.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I feel sad tonight but remind myself that we stopped 4 babies from dying a slow death , saved two and the mommy is warm and fed and loved by wonderful volunteers and other people who are looking out for her best interest. I was assured today that they will find her a home soon.
I hope someone somewhere gets the universe to help make this a complete story with a new home and furever parents. Don't loose hope! I am so sorry again!

roccityhope

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahaha Mook is looking at you like "Dangit! I'm been caught by the fuzz!"

I just know that one day VERY soon I will login and see that Tera has been adopted, and this story will have finished its' happy ending.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hahaha Mook is looking at you like "Dangit! I'm been caught by the fuzz!"

I just know that one day VERY soon I will login and see that Tera has been adopted, and this story will have finished its' happy ending.

We have faith in WMR. That they are actively trying to get every animal in their care a home and that during that time the animals are loved and cared for by dedicated volunteers. New Mexico has few choices when looking for no kill shelters and rescues are always full. Tera was on a waiting list. We visit when possible and keep in contact. She got dumped outside and left to fend for herself and that bellyful of babies. People despise stray cats but she is the face of what so many are, abandoned pets. We need to despise the people that leave them to this fate.

When someone reads her story I want them to put a face to those cats that hide or beg for attention even and for those kittens born to a life of hardship and starvation and short painful lives. Those two babies Frog and Toad would likely be a little pile of bones somewhere passing through the world with no name and unnoticed. I still feel bad I didn't name the 4 we had to say goodbye to before they even knew the world.

So for Tera living in a rescue where her needs are met is 100000000000000000X better than fending for herself.

shyblues

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Kittens Mom !! Thank you for sharing your story about Tara and her kittens. We just had one pass away right after spay and I started a new thread about it because the story is kind of long and I didn't want to post that in your thread. It's under caring for strays and Ferals and my title is "They called her Feral #3"

shyblues

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heart broke for Tera and her kittens and the 4.together kittens of hers. I have to admit I cried and cried when Tera had to go to the rescue. I was definitely emotional due to my situation on Friday. But it's nice to see that Tera, Frog and Toad are doing well. Thank you so much for taking them in and taking care of Tera and the kittens and loving them all .

shyblues

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your writing and the detail in your story was amazing you are a great writer you express everything in detail . Seeing all your cats/kitties & ready their story makes me happy. I have two rescues of my own one girl born in 2010, & one boy born in 2012. I'm glad I googled to try to find answers for my own situation with the feral kitty & her passing after spay on Friday, & that in that loss & sadness I found this forum.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Your writing and the detail in your story was amazing you are a great writer you express everything in detail . Seeing all your cats/kitties & ready their story makes me happy. I have two rescues of my own one girl born in 2010, & one boy born in 2012. I'm glad I googled to try to find answers for my own situation with the feral kitty & her passing after spay on Friday, & that in that loss & sadness I found this forum.
I"m so sorry. Your feral wasn't feral she was someone because you cared. Welcome to TheCatSite.

shyblues

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she was precious !! She tried really had to not be petted but she was getting softer & softer in her movement. & getting a little closer each time. RIP little one. I still cry as I type