temp drop

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for those who took their queens temp, how long after a temp drop did they deliver? Icis's has been between 101.3 and 100.5, and today it was down to 98.7.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Liza she sounds sooooooooooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been tempted to take Angels. because basically anyone I have talked to (haven't called the vet yet) has said they are betting she is preg if she hasn't had a heat in that long. but she would be 66-67 days from the day she came home so LAST possible day she got preg and NO signs of labor and she is still eating a ton...... And her nipples haven't really changed since that first change they went through. So thinking she not but can't explain the no heat thing. LOL So thought of taking her temp since IK at the vets it was 101 something about 5 weeks ago. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Icis didnt quite enjoy it, but didnt hate me after either,lol. I just dont know about Angel, she is keeping me guessing!!,lol

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my cat(Kali) was pregnant we took her temp at 8 in the morning and by 12 noon it was 98 and at 5:30 the same day she was giving birth so it could be any time now good luck to you and Icis

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i took it first time @ 9am( 100.1), then again @ 3pm (98.7) so i HOPE that means soon,,lol.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
is there anything else besides vasoline that you can use? I don't have any.... LOL

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think A & D ointment can be used too, thats what i used. KY can be used too, if your in a pinch,lol.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
quick question........ lol..... where do u take the temperture from? and is there a specific kind of thermometer i should use... im guessing the temp is not oral.

anyway sorry for these dumb questions im too new lol.
Lol.. It's probably becuz im blond...

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used a oral ther. and you take a rectal temp. But anyways Liza how is Icis doing? Any signs yet?

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You take the temp rectally, I prefer to use digital thermometers, glass ones are too risky IMO.
I took Church's temp tonight, it is 100.4, so not quite low enough to be considered dropped.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

You take the temp rectally, I prefer to use digital thermometers, glass ones are too risky IMO.
I took Church's temp tonight, it is 100.4, so not quite low enough to be considered dropped.
when do u really notice a temp change to really know she is going into labor?
btw Good Luck & Congrats from all our hearts here.. KCM: Kandy Charly & Mandy

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started taking my cats temp 3 days before she had the babies.
But you will know if it drops fast like from 100.2 down to 98 them it will probally be real soon.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

I started taking my cats temp 3 days before she had the babies.
But you will know if it drops fast like from 100.2 down to 98 them it will probally be real soon.
Okay thanks for the info.. really appreciate it.. I'm getting myself informed in everyway.. i wont know unless i ask right?
Thanks
Lots of love
KCM
&
The soon to be

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No problem! I try to help everybody any time i can. If i know the answers....lol

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
really thinking I should take Angels temp. but not sure if any of my thermometers in the house actually even WORK right. maybe I will go buy one tomorrow and at least see. that way if she has a temp I KNOW something is wrong, and if it is low then hmmmmmmmmm LOL

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used a regular oral ther. it worked for me. I think a cats temp is suppose to be around 100.2 to 102.5 i think that is they regular for a cat anything higher is a fever and anything below is a sign that your cat is goin into labor if she is pregnant.....lol

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think we all are wating for an update..lol we get just excited as the owner does when their cat is goin to have babies...i know i get excited