Tell the story of how your cat joined your family!

isyreri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My lovely Mister Piggy was a gift from a nice old lady who lives two blocks away. Bolt was a rescue from a family who did not take care of him. Some time after a feral cat came pregnant her name is Misa she gave birth to four sweet kitties sadly she took them to the wildernes during rain season so two of them died :( I rescued the two survivors and both of them share the name of Vacas they look like cows. She then disapeared again and and came again pregnant this time she did not leave and had two kitties one of them was born very sick the Vet said he wont survive after two week the boy died :(. The only survivor name is Mamon. I regret deeply that I couldn't have Misa spayed the first time I was between jobs buy I think I could have done something. It is very sad every time an animal die because human fault. I am raising all of them the best I can (I notice they don't like the Vet very much something to do with the medicines :p) live is tough here not only for cats but for humans too. The thing that matter is how much I love them and they love back. I hope I can take a picture of them but they are quite feral so is a bit dificult.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Three from the SPCA; four more (three of them have passed away now) 'inherited' after a friend's death.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I adopted Chula and Paul after seeing a post about them needing a home right here on TCS. Before them I had Polly and Sears (rescue group), Emma (stray), Wesley, Milo, Lucy and Daphne (animal shelter) and Poppy (friend) and Joel (Poppy's kitten). Lots of wonderful cats over the years!

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My brother got me my cat from the pet store. I would have gone to the humane society, but it was a surprise and he doesn't know much about rescuing. The store may have had a partnership with an animal shelter. I feel bad for not rescuing (not that it was my choice), but I'm also glad to have Sasha in my life.

My other cat was a stray that my family took in and asked me to take.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Back in high school (in 2011) someone who used to be my friend found two abandoned kittens and was going to take them to a shelter. I told him to bring them to me instead. Little did I know that these two kittens would still need to drink milk. Big responsibility but it sure was worth it. Sadly my boy didn't survive because he was sick. But my girl pulled through and this October she will turn 4 years old. :)

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We adopted Nora from PetSmart, through their local non-profit rescue group :)

She's our queen kitty, as she runs the show!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would like to hear some stories from some of you about how your furbabies came to be in your lives. My stories are not incredibly interesting, but I'll share them with you.
My current cats are five and two years old.

I adopted my older cat when she was about six weeks old, after I saw her through the glass at Petsmart (I had been told she was 9 weeks but the vet said otherwise). I had been looking for a kitten to adopt after one of my cats had died suddenly and unexpectantly. I had come home and found her body and was devastated. She had been with me all of her fourteen years, since the day she was born. This new kitten that I would soon adopt was in a cage with her siblings and was clearly the runt of the litter. She was very tiny and had huge eyes. She also looked very similar to my cat that had just died and seemed to have a similar personality. She was adorable, but I actually did not want a cat that looked just like my other one, because it would feel like I was replacing her. Something about this little kitten drew me in though. All of the other kittens were sleeping or playing and didn't notice that I was there. This little kitten just stared at me though like she could see right through me and would not take her eyes off of me. She then put one of her little paws up on the glass and tilted her head at me, and I was sold. When I picked her up, she crawled up on me and laid her head on my shoulder, just like my other cat used to do. I know it seems silly, but it almost seemed like she was sent to me.

I adopted my other kitty two years ago after I had to make the awful decision to euthanize my 19 year old kitty due to cancer. I found this handsome little kitten through petfinder.com. He was 3 months old and had some unusual markings, but I thought he was beautiful. I had been scrolling through pictures of kittens for a few months. They were all adorable of course, but I did not feel a connection with any of them. One morning though (about 5 am), I was scrolling through pictures, and when I came to him, I said "That's my cat!" I immediately emailed his foster mother and said that I wanted him. She called the number I had given her about 3 hours later, and arrangements were made to get him. When we were finalizing arrangements the next day, she told me I was very lucky because right after she had hung up the phone the previous day, three other people had called about him. I'm glad that I followed my instincts because we have such a close bond now, I cannot imagine my life without him!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first cat came from a local shelter. We had been looking at lots of cats online and he was not at all what we had been looking for. We wanted a cat that was less than a year old. We ended up meeting a beautiful almost three-year-old cat at a pet store that the shelter had him at. He didn't really show to well in the adoption room, but had the loudest purr of any cat I have ever met. We decided to bring him home where he has since blossomed into a talkative boy who loves to play, snuggle, and sit on a perch by the window. 

Three months later we found his kitten companion that was being fostered by a foster mom from a shelter that usually worked exclusively with dogs. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty Love 53 here,my girl Spee Wee and my boy Oobie were both adopted through the humane  society and my girl Omlette was from a friend.