Tell me a mildly infuriating story...lol.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As the title says. Mildly infuriating things happen to us all the time...but when over, it's over and often becomes kinda funny.

Here's mine...

I drop a dirty hand towel on the floor, meant for the laundry basket. I bend over to pick it up...but I miss. So I bend over to pick it up again...but I miss.
I sigh.
I bend over to pick it up a third time...only grazing it...but ultimately miss.
I swear. Take a very aggressive breath.
I bend over to grab it...pick it up, but just barely and drop it.
I swear a few more times.
It's at this point that I have two choices. Try to pick it up yet again or kick it like I'm trying to send it to the moon. I'm seething, my blood pressure is thru the roof and I think I invented a few new curse words....
I bend over to pick it up...and FINALLY I pick it up!!!! And my now "Hulk Smash" strength kicks in making sure I won't drop it again. I go to toss it with a fury that should be reserved for a life or death situation in the laundry basket which is only a couple feet away...and I miss.
:gaah:

Last edited:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bend over to pick it up...and FINALLY I pick it up!!!! And my now "Hulk Smash" strength kicks in making sure I won't drop it again. I go to toss it with a fury that should be reserved for a life or death situation in the laundry basket which is only a couple feet away...and I miss.
:gaah:
You have been too patient.
If it were me, once I had picked it up after numerous attempts, I would have disposed it in the garbage, out of spite!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have been too patient.
If it were me, once I had picked it up after numerous attempts, I would have disposed it in the garbage, out of spite!
I had thought about burning it in the back yard! :lol:
It thankfully only took one attempt to pick it up after missing the basket, although there was a lot of grumbled name calling directed to the stupid towel.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
After the ATT breach of the recent past, I got an email from them stating that my passcode (not password) had been updated. It was legitimately from ATT. However, they neglected to tell me what the new one was or how to retrieve it. After a few minutes on their site, during which time they explained to me that since I did not know the passcode I could not change the passcode to one that I did know and that they were going to have to lock me out of my account, I called them. I pointed out that I was sure that Spectrum could deal with all of this if they wanted to go that route and it was surprising how quickly they created a new passcode.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mildly infuriating but kind of stupid-funny...
I had a pair of pet clippers at work that had been acting up. The cord was very lightly loose at the base of the clippers and would occasionally shut themselves off if the cord got twisted in a certain way. I had a new pair in my cabinet, but I wasn't quite ready to give up on the old ones just yet.
One day, I set a dog on my table and picked up my clippers and switched them to "on". Nothing. I jiggled the cord. Nothing. I checked the blade to make sure it was set correctly, and it was. I messed with the cord some more. I fiddled with the on/off switch, and I didn't even get a tiny movement from the blade. So, annoyed, I set the dog back into an ex-pen and drug out the new set. I pulled them out, unraveled the cord, oiled them, set the blade, etc. I went to plug them and realized my old set wasn't plugged in and was actually working fine.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had thought about burning it in the back yard! :lol:
It thankfully only took one attempt to pick it up after missing the basket, although there was a lot of grumbled name calling directed to the stupid towel.
You tell it! :-)

I had to switch out my modem for a new one at the Xfinity store. Opened the box and the instructions said “be sure you have an internet connection“ and I pondered the absolute stupidity of requiring an internet connection..
to get an internet connection.
What the helk kind of logic do they have?

I pointed out that I was sure that Spectrum could deal with all of this if they wanted to go that route and it was surprising how quickly they created a new passcode.
Muhahahah Good job!

I went to plug them and realized my old set wasn't plugged in and was actually working fine.
Whoopsie!