Veteran
Purraise
Great topic!

Here's what I'm watching right now:
Hell's Kitchen
Big Brother
Design Star
Project Runway
The World According to Paris (The finale was last week, I just hope it will be on again next season.)
House Hunters
House Hunters International
Old reruns of Family Feud

I love the Amazing Race, and can't wait for it to start back. It's probably my favorite show.

I get all excited sometimes about watching a new show and was really looking forward to Celebrity Ghost Stories...only to find out that Direct TV was giving us the channel as a limited trial offer. It went away before I even got to hear Regis Philbin's ghost story.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only show I'm actually addicted to and won't miss is American Idol when its on. Everything else I can pretty much take or leave. I used to be the same way with So You Think You Can Dance, but haven't been watching it much this season. I'm also addicted to Game of Thrones, but the season is over for that too, and I will probably be cancelling HBO.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangeishcat

I used to love Good Eats, but then my view of Alton Brown was soured immensely by his behavior on The Next Food Network Star... he can really, really be a jerk. I wish his personality would line up with how he is on Iron Chef and Good Eats, but unfortunately it doesn't.
I've never watched the Star show, so I don't know anything about it. DH and I met him at the Food Network Expo several years ago and he was a sweetie then. People were taking pictures, but I had lost my camera (it went swimming with the fishies at a state park that summer). So he gave me a hug instead! I was ecstatic! Then he turned to Rick and said, "I suppose you want a hug, too!" And Rick said, "Well, h@ll yeah!" So they hugged. I loved watching him on the stage....Rick had gotten us excellent seats and we were right in front of him. We had taken my MIL with us as part of her birthday present that year and she was just thrilled, too.

We had our choice of who to watch: AB, Paula Deen, and somebody else, I forget. I think my MIL would have chosen Paula Deen, but she also knew that I would die first. She really likes AB, too, so it worked out.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched his Good Eats show yesterday afternoon and he made a Tandoori oven using a grill, lots of charcoal, and a large flower pot that had been soaked in water for 10 hours. When he got it going he checked the temperature inside the flower pot and it was 800 degrees. He had cut the bottom off the pot and it looked just like a Tandoori oven.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He uses a huge terracotta planter for his prime rib and it's the only way I make my prime rib now. His Good Eats Roast Turkey is now my roast turkey; it's the way I've done my Thanksgiving turkeys now for several years. And we all love his White Trash recipe for the holidays....that stuff is addictive. (My planter is in the basement on a shelf and is only used for prime rib. My turkey bucket is only used to brine my turkeys....and sometimes chickens.)

AB and Ina Garten were the only reasons I watched Food Network. I used to watch Sara Moulton, too, but they took that off. Since the Good Eats reruns aren't on when I can watch them and The Barefoot Contessa is on around 5:00, which is when I'm busy in the kitchen, I can't seem to be able to watch that either, although I may have it on for background. I started watching the Neeleys from time to time, but Gina made my corpuscles curdle...I heard she's toned it down quite a bit.

A lot of the stuff on Food now is contests and shows about where to eat out. I enjoy the instructional shows more; I think that's why I liked Ina and AB so much.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warehouse 13 just started up with their 3rd season, so far still good

Alphas is new, and I'm glad I started watching it