Telemarketers!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

NEVER dial 9!!!

This is a scam to get an outside line so they can use it to make long distance calls on your phone. It may not have any effect on your home phone, but it might.
That is what the Better Business bureau states. I have been getting calls for two years three times a week, that they are calling concerning my credit card accounts, all of the calls come from telemarketing places in Florida and California. As soon as I request for them to stop calling ,they change states for a month, then start again. It is a recorded message. no human to talk to, the call back number is also a recording , press 2 if you don't want us to call again.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first got my husbands cell phone,we got a lot of calls asking for some guy whose name we didn't recognize at all.Finally when they called,I talked to them myself,and found out they were trying to track down this guy for student loans.I told them we had just gotten the number,and I also knew that our phone company recycled old numbers.They acted like they didnt believe me,and continued to call several times a day.I turned them in to our attorney general's office...they have a website for unwanted calls after you get on the registry for our state and the national list....and they put a stop to it.They actually sent us a letter,thanking me for turning them in.You might check with the attorney general of your state....sometimes they have a toll free number and/or a website....where you can file a complaint.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate telemarketers. Someone called my husband a few days ago claiming to be from a collection agency and he said they left a pretty mean voicemail. The thing I found weird was that they knew his name. My husband doesn't owe anything to a collection agency.

I occasionally get letters in the mail from a law office saying I owe like $800 to a collection agency and my husband got one once saying he owed like $1200. I looked it up online and it was a scam.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of the numbers might not be telemarketers so being on the do not call registry will not affect their lists.

I have the issue with a phone company. I am on my aunts cell phone plan and they call me CONSTANTLY looking for her even though i have told them it is the wrong number. They call several times a day but there isnt anything i can do about it...that i know of.