Teething question

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my girls are about the right age for baby teeth to be falling out and permanent teeth to be replacing them. Most of the girls are dealing with it quite well and we have noticed that adult teeth are coming in and the baby teeth are gone (probably swallowed). But my poor layla isn't taking it too well. I came in from the store yesterday to find her paws covered in blood. When I picked her up her breath smelled like death so I immediatey looked in her mouth! Loose teeth and a couple just hanging so I got my silicone syringe and let her bite down. Poor girl needed some help! One tooth came out and she swallowed it. The other landed on her paw so I collcted it. Is there anything I can give her to ease her discomfort when this happens again? Shes feeling better now but the ones on the other side are loose too so I fear she will go through this again. Oh here's the tooth!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing like kitty orajel to help.  Soft chew toys seem to do the trick most of the time.  Just keep an eye on her and if you notice the same thing happening again, you might call the vet's office and ask them what they recommend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha! If only kitty orajel was a real thing! Poor girl does not take kindly to pain! I was actually at the vets office getting one of my boys neutered today so I did ask them for thee thoughts on the matter. It's basically grin an bear it! (No pun intended) [emoji]128556[/emoji] They were impressed that I managed to retrieve a tooth! Perhaps a visit from the tooth fairly would appease her!