Teething And Appetite

EARenny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
I took in a 2-3 week old kitten ( assuming age, eyes open, ears unfolding and about 10.2 ounces in weight now). He is a chunker and eats between 80 to 95 mLs a day.

Yesterday he started chewing on me and everything like crazy and with his feeding we just finished and his previous one (he eats every 3 -4 hours depending) hes more interested in chewing his nipple or me than eating. He took in abou 3 mLs this time around and less than 5 about 3 hours ago. He chews, purrs and passes out. He has little lumps where his incissors will be. Is this normal? He's taken in 93 mLs today total so i know he isn't starving. Hes peeing and pooping, very active and not acting abnormally but i want to be sure I don't need to worry. I lost my last foster at 11 days to FKS so im a bit paranoid but as long as he's eating its okay if he doesn't maintain the same appetite? Should i wake him up sooner to eat for his next feeding or keep him on his normal schedule? Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! for some reason your post just now popped up in the list, I'm sorry you haven't received a reply.
How are things today? Do you have a vet you could talk to?
@susanm9006 would you have thoughts for the poster?
Kieka Kieka , do you have a moment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EARenny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is waking up every 2 hours to eat now and his past two feedings he sucked down his bottle. I do have a vet and a friend that runs a cat rescue i am going to contact today now that it's a decent hour. Thanks so much for your response.

EARenny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im assuming hes teething but I'm paranoid lol

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd just keep offering him food every two hours. He could be slightly older then you thing he is so you may want to try offering him a shallow dish with the formula in it. See if he wants to lap it up instead of a bottle. I wouldn't force it but some little ones are ready for wet kitten food earlier then others. It doesn't hurt to see what his reaction is.

EARenny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh perfect. I bought some pate kitten food yesterday but was going to wait to offer him any. Thank yall so much!