teeth too big?

bekiebekie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is about 7 months old. When I adopted him, they said he had a stomach parasite and too him to the vet and had it treated. Hes always been a bit of a runt. Since his adult teeth came in, they seem to stick out down pass his lip. I'm curious if this means he was meant to be bigger. Is it possible?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He may still grow into them. Our cat's teeth and paws are too big for him. He was 9 months old when we got him and ill (bacterial infection and IBD), and the vet thought he would grow into them, given a little time and a suitable diet. He's now nearly 19 months old, has grown, is healthy with a beautiful coat, but his teeth and feet are still a bit too big for him. The vet now says his growth was stunted because his illness prevented him from getting the proper nutrition as a kitten.
A lot of people and animals simply have big teeth, feet, ears, etc., so it could just be a matter of genetics. There are breeds of cats like the Maine Coon that don't reach their full size till well after they're two, so your cat may still turn into a large cat with teeth of proportionate size.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may just have big teeth.  My meezer boy Munchie has dracula fangs :-)  They stick out past his lip.  I call him my vampire kitty.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may grow into them.

I have on cat (about 12 years old) who has a upper canine that protudes out a bit. His name is Fang (nickname Snaggletooth). It doesn't bother him in the least and it gives him a unique personality.