Teeth brushing small victory!

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty excited about how this tooth brushing venture has progressed. I adopted Juniper 7 months ago and she's now just over a year old. I decided I would tackle her teeth right away to hopefully prevent vet cleanings in the future. I was nervous this would be a disaster and that I would be clawed up from kingdom come.
So I bought the CET kit with the little green toothbrush. Right off the bat she loved to chew on the brush and now has grown quite find of the toothpaste. She comes running when she hears me unscrewing the top. She let's me put paste on my finger and rub the sides of her teeth now. Yay. I've tried wrapping gauze around my finger but her raspy tough gets stuck on it. I'm just happy she's letting me rub her gums for now and will keep working on getting a few swipes of the brush.

Last edited:

molly2005

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Molly22!

I came across your post about cleaning your cats teeth! I always found this a tackle as my cat would just freak!!

However I came across this super Aloe Tooth Gel (which can also be used on humans). My cat Molly loves it, as its completely made from natural product and doesnt have any funny taste!

Thought id share this with you as its really made a difference on her teeth and gums and she doesnt mind me using it on her at all! Happy to send you a link of the site I purchased it from if you're interested ;)

Good luck with your cats!!

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job!

I've found brushing my cats' teeth to be a relatively easy task as well. Yay for kitties who are cooperative!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Molly22!

I came across your post about cleaning your cats teeth! I always found this a tackle as my cat would just freak!!

However I came across this super Aloe Tooth Gel (which can also be used on humans). My cat Molly loves it, as its completely made from natural product and doesnt have any funny taste! :yummy:

Thought id share this with you as its really made a difference on her teeth and gums and she doesnt mind me using it on her at all! Happy to send you a link of the site I purchased it from if you're interested ;)

Good luck with your cats!! :rub:
Thanks for the tip! I have a 14 year old cats who wants none of it so maybe I'll try your aloe gel and see if he'll be nicer. I wish I would have started this with him as a baby, but you live and learn!