Teenaged kitties attacking new kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katlady6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OH!!! One more thing...
I don't think she is grooming herself because she smells like urine!! It's NOT the smell of a cat in renal failure....I know because my 16 year old in renal failure...she just smells like pee!! Can you recommend a dry wash product or should I just bathe her. Maybe that's why the babies are attacking her!

Thanks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katlady6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Devlyn!!
How's the re-introductions going??? I thought mine was getting better until last night. Princess had been sleeping with me and the babies with only a couple of problems in the past 3 weeks. I still kept her seperated during the day and when I was home from work, we stayed in my office together. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I took her and placed her on the bed. I took a step backwards and next thing I know Curly Tail was on like a fury!!! I grabbed the scruff of his neck and tried to get him off of her but to no avail. It took SEVERAL shakes and pulls to get him to release her until finaly he did. She ran to her shelter and as I dropped Curly, he ran to the living room. She looked like she was not injured physically but I know this is having a huge impact on her mentally!!
I on the other hand have numerous puncture wounds, scratches and even a broken nail down to the quick!!! Not to mention it's tearing me up to see this happen to her!!! Vanilla extract not working....Feliway difussers, 3 of them, not working and even the re-introducing has not worked. I am at a total loss as what to do!! Hissy, if you read this, I know you suggested I get a wooden playpen to put her in so they can see her and smell her and get used to her again but I have not been able to find one...ANYWHERE!!! I know he is probably jealous of her because he got alot of attention from me and I try to pay alot of attention to him when I am not locked in my office with Princess. HELP!!! I AM AT MY WITTS END!!!!

Robynn

Originally Posted by Devlyn

Hey Kat Lady!
Welcome to the forums. I'm new here too.

I'm having a similar problem here in my home. I have Morris, an older, cool cat who doesn't really involve himself in the drama here.
Pippin is just over 2 and Simple will be turning 2 in April. Everyone was getting along fine until I rescued a sweet little unaltered girly off the street..............
I hope all works out for your crew. Wish me luck on mine!!

Dev & Crew