Tear Stains

stellasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I just got my baby girl Stella and she’s a white Persian cat. She’s only 4 months old. I purchased the eye envy kit on amazon and have been using it on her and so far I love it! Just curious since she’s an all white, will there always be stains or should I keep using the kit and it will eventually come out? And how often should I groom her eyes? I do it once a day! Also I should I be grooming her until she’s an adult correct? First time cat owner lol thanks!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: Stella is absolutely precious. :heartshape: I also have a Persian cat, and have had other Persians before him. Please note others may have a different opinion but this is what my vet recommended. Always check with your own vet if you have any questions or concerns. She recommended only using warm water on a clean, soft washcloth or cotton round. I know others use Eye Envy or Angel Eyes. Obviously the lighter color of the coat the more noticeable the stains will be as in Stella's case being all white. Since I only use warm water for my kitty I can clean his eyes as often as necessary. Here is an Article for your reference: Tear Stains In Cats

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Cleaning eyes is a lifetime chore for most Persian parents. I have a few that I don't have to clean, but most benefit from cleaning. I have used Eye Envy and I agree it works well, but I can never seem to remember to order it so I use something else. Water alone usually doesn't remove staining. I am currently trying an old time solution that an older breeder suggested. My boy, Sterling tends to stain pretty badly. I just started with it so not sure if it is working yet.