Team bonding

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DId they give you an idea on what they were planning?

I remember doing coworker Feud (like family feud) - horrid.

Two truths and a lie. Also horrid.

We once did an escape room - that was just messed up entirely. I'm surprised we got out and it didn't turn into a real life who-done-it murder mystery instead!:flail:

After that one - we did then less. People wonder why and I think- "Was I the only one there? Did that really happen? Does no one remember?"

It will pass through and hopefully veryyy quickly and you can chalk it up with a gold star as something you survived!

Last edited:

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was about to say I have never had to endure this then realized I did. It was dodgeball and I wasn't sure if it was mandatory participation until I got there and they started telling me I couldn't just watch. Was frustrating because I like my coworkers and enjoy being involved, but wasn't feeling up to participating (I have ADA qualifying health conditions) or risking my $300 pair of glasses wouldn't be smashed by a bad throw...

So I just walked away to do my actual job lol could care less about their opinion of me when they wouldn't respect my boundaries at all. (Due to regulations about sharing my health information I'm not even sure if my direct manager knows the extent of my health issues or if they all just assume it's the one thing I have disclosed to just about everyone)

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My last company had a week long Human Resources retreat with some bonding event every night.
Hate, hate, HATE them and skipped out on them whenever I could get away with it.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So........ Stormy accepts you Stormy accepts you - this "event" MUST be history by now...........you posted Saturday saying it was happening Sunday.........so, what can you share? I'm all ears!!!!!!!...........provided, of course, you're OK talking about it.....?

I DO hope, at the very least, that you've survived it:agree:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the paper plant, the PTB decided that it would be wonderful to do a team bonding experience. We went to a local hotel where the company had rented one of the large dining rooms, split us up into groups of six and gave each group a pasta machine. We had to make pasta. It was thought that we would each have a task to do for the pasta: one person put flour in, another person added water, somebody added eggs, and so on. It was the lamest thing I've ever done. Nobody gave a crap about any of it and it was a disaster. They gave prizes for the "best" pasta and my group won first prize. Big deal (said sarcastically).

They also did a steak and potato lunch for the employees to eat together. I didn't go and sat at my work area. This was right after the lock-out when management took our Sunday double-time and holiday double-time and a half away. We wouldn't agree so they locked us out and tried to hire scabs. That didn't work. It completely ruined my work ethic for that place and there were quite a few of us who didn't take part in anything. Take our paychecks away and give us steak and potatoes once a year? No thanks.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few of those at places I've worked for. Didn't go. Sorry, I have to work with the people, not be their BFF.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
DId they give you an idea on what they were planning?

I remember doing coworker Feud (like family feud) - horrid.

Two truths and a lie. Also horrid.

We once did an escape room - that was just messed up entirely. I'm surprised we got out and it didn't turn into a real life who-done-it murder mystery instead!:flail:

After that one - we did then less. People wonder why and I think- "Was I the only one there? Did that really happen? Does no one remember?"

It will pass through and hopefully veryyy quickly and you can chalk it up with a gold star as something you survived!
All we did was learn how to treat each other… mostly I missed most of it but got free food and to spend a bit more time with my crush.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So........ Stormy accepts you Stormy accepts you - this "event" MUST be history by now...........you posted Saturday saying it was happening Sunday.........so, what can you share? I'm all ears!!!!!!!...........provided, of course, you're OK talking about it.....?

I DO hope, at the very least, that you've survived it:agree:
I did survive. I missed most of it due to talking to customers. I asked questions about anything I missed though and my crush who is a boss woman was more than pleased to answer them. We got free food and candy too. It was kind of fun.