Tea-cup pigs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

A full-grown minipig, as I understand it, will weigh about 100 lbs., which is about as big as a large dog. Smaller than a commercial porker, but not all that small, either.
Yesterday GMA had a segment on the pigs, and the guy who developed them said they grow to about the size of a cocker spaniel. Here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3745014

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They appear to still display wild coloring.
A couple of them looked like peccaries with those racing stripes down their sides.
Simply adorable, but I've always loved pigs, big or small.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katzyn

Mini-anything's are adorable, but I'd never support creating them, or owning them, as much as I'd hate to say. Too many mini animals have too many health issues, and I think that if someone wanted that animals that badly, they should make arrangements to have the full-sized one, who they could probably find EASILY in a shelter. If they can't take a full-sized one, then they need to find another pet, not make a mini who could possibly live with deformities and internal health problems for it's entire life.

I feel that way about EVERY mini, even though I still fawn over them, such as munchkins, mini doxies, mini horses, mini...everythings.
Hmmmm, how about mini maggots? Or mini spiders?

These piggies ARE SO CUTE!

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmmm, how about mini maggots? Or mini spiders?
You know..I might actually support the breeding of those.
If the spiders are tiny, then I don't have to worry about them biting me as much. =D And mini maggots? Bleh. Then they'd be easy to feed to the birds or, if they were tiny enough, my bettas.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pigs are my favourite animal - i love kune kune pigs, they are a native nz pig and they are not that big, about the size of a dog.

Hubby has said that I can have one when we get our own place.