TCS Page Loading Problems!!!!!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I've deleted all that stuff and it has definitely made a difference
Much quicker loading pages. I must remember to do that regularly.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Well I've deleted all that stuff and it has definitely made a difference
Much quicker loading pages. I must remember to do that regularly.
I'm glad it helped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

What have you tried to do to rectify the matter? Have you logged out, gone to another site for several minutes, and then logged back in? Deleted your personal data, meaning history, cookies, cache? Deleted your bookmark, and then accessed the site by typing in the address, or by using Google? Tried another browser?

What happens if you go directly to the forums, rather than via the home page?
OK.....so far the only thing I have done is downloaded & installed Firefox. So far, there is a noticeable difference. While it is not nearly as fast as it used to be for me, I can actually get into threads and look around. Thanks for the advice for all those who suggested Firefox. A co-worker told me to do that as well.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

OK.....so far the only thing I have done is downloaded & installed Firefox. So far, there is a noticeable difference. While it is not nearly as fast as it used to be for me, I can actually get into threads and look around. Thanks for the advice for all those who suggested Firefox. A co-worker told me to do that as well.
I'm glad it's working better for you. I would try emptying your cache, etc., as that usually makes a difference, too.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only just post on this thread now because up until today I had been using a Wi-fi connection to access the net and the signal strength was quite low so figured that was the problem. However I now have cable modem as well and there no change. I'm even getting the message. This page can't be displayed click the refresh button.

This is not just a night problem but an anytime problem.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love TCS and feel my feedback about this is important...
I am still having slow loading issues at times....
but it only happens on TCS.

Rather than fighting it, I leave and try later sometimes or don't get back at all that day.

I deleted my IE 7 and re-downloaded it.
Tried Firefox, they did not make a difference.
I delete all cookies, empty the cache daily.
Of couse anti-virus, spyware scans & all that.

If this is only a few of us then maybe we are missing something. I just don't know what?
Oh well, I still come here when I am feeling patient.

Of course the pages are loading fast right now.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's quite likely there are more people experiencing the problem than have reported it here.

It's not quite as bad as it used to be for me, but it still exists, primarily the first time I open my browser on any place in the forum. And it's with IE. And after doing all the recommended cleanup. It's not with any other website. It's not with Firefox.

I think there's something on this site that's causing problems for some people and I think it's something to do with the user's software configuration -- something that could be changed if we knew what it was. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me as to why it would only trouble some people and why it would manifest itself in different ways to those people.

There's one other site I have a problem with, but it's a different problem. Every time I open up a certain window, and only that window, there's a javascript that runs that crashes my browser and severely slows down my system. (I know it's a javascript because I can see it in my status bar.) Although it's a totally different problem, I can't help but think there's something screwy with my IE javascript settings that may be my problem. And maybe that's what other people's problem is, too. I dunno.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I can't help but think there's something screwy with my IE javascript settings that may be my problem. And maybe that's what other people's problem is, too. I dunno.
Interesting point Tim....
I know nothing about javascript or what it does.
If any one knows the correct javascript settings for this site please help...
any info. gladly accepted.

kristerp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would appear as if I'm not the only one having this problem... (I am on 8mbit ADSL)