TCS Ohio/Indiana meetup anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I was getting Elkhart and Evansville confused (sorry; I know they're nothing like the same place). Looking at the map it totally makes sense how they're the same distance.

Can you tell the end of the quarter is nearing?
That's funny.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

So has anyone decided on where and when yet?
I don't think so.
Colombus & Cincinnati seem to be the top two. I suppose we could start a poll for the where part? All I know is if the weekends work out for me DH & I will do a "tour" of OH and we'll definately make plans to visit you at the sanctuary and DH wants to see a Red's game.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

I think a poll is a great idea! Then, once that is decided, we could decide the date.
Sounds like a plan... I'll go start a poll.

Ok, you can vote here.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be within a short distance to Columbus/Dayton August 4-15 for a class.. well, about 45 minutes west of Dayton.

Another idea is Indiana Beach, which is like the funnest place ever, has buy one get one tickets if you have a CVS coupon. Imagine, a haunted mine ride rollercoaster where you actually get lifted up in an elevator, one with a 120 degree drop, or another with no restraints. It's super cheap if you don't want to ride rides, parking is free, you can purchase a beach pass without rides, or even pay by ride. They also have really yummy tacos. The only problem is it's location- western Indiana.

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I'll be within a short distance to Columbus/Dayton August 4-15 for a class.. well, about 45 minutes west of Dayton.

Another idea is Indiana Beach, which is like the funnest place ever, has buy one get one tickets if you have a CVS coupon. Imagine, a haunted mine ride rollercoaster where you actually get lifted up in an elevator, one with a 120 degree drop, or another with no restraints. It's super cheap if you don't want to ride rides, parking is free, you can purchase a beach pass without rides, or even pay by ride. They also have really yummy tacos. The only problem is it's location- western Indiana.
I don't think you would hear a complaint from the Western Indiana bunch, good little cluster here in Lafayette area that isn't too far from Monticello and Indiana Beach.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by swooshfinn

I don't think you would hear a complaint from the Western Indiana bunch, good little cluster here in Lafayette area that isn't too far from Monticello and Indiana Beach.
I think with all the conversation that we probably won't need much to do.
Looks like we're leaning toward Dayton. If you scroll back a few posts there's a link to the location poll. And it looks like Lafayette is only about 3 hours from Dayton which seems to be the front running city for the meet.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Looks like we're leaning toward Dayton. If you scroll back a few posts there's a link to the location poll. And it looks like Lafayette is only about 3 hours from Dayton which seems to be the front running city for the meet.
Bummer, Dayton is out of the question for me. I don't like the city anyway (any city, not just Dayton
)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Bummer, Dayton is out of the question for me. I don't like the city anyway (any city, not just Dayton
)
Sorry to hear that... but I'm sure we all understand. I imagine distant trips are not do-able for you with the big cats. I'd still like to meet you and your amazing family when DH and I tour OH if possible though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to close this thread cause we have the other one going with the poll *cough, got the hint, cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.