TCS members who are 50+...

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

My oldest sis, who will be 80 this summer, got her first computer a year or two ago. She's doing fairly well with it, though she does have to get her daughter-in-law over periodically to get her out of some kind of mess she got into. But she is one spunky lady. She even still gets up on the roof and shovels the snow off several times a year in her northern Minnesota winters.
Wow. That is a spunky lady!

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fortunately, my hubby doesn't like the computer, so I have it all to myself, except for the kids.
I think it's because my hubby uses the computer at work and besides that, he's a TV addict, which, thankfully, I'm not. The only show that I watch is American Idol and I don't watch the shows when they eliminate a contestant, except for this past week, when I was worried that Scott would be gone, and I wanted to hear him sing for possibly one last time.
I also use the internet for world news and information.

I grew up with the kids and their Atari, Sega, Nintendo, and Playstation, during the time when Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Final Fantasy (Squaresoft) were all the rage, the golden years of video gaming.

My husband bought our first computer when he decided out of the blue that we needed a computer. It was a Packard Bell that we dubbed, Packard Hell, a great multimedia pc for playing the CD games included with the computer, but having such little memory that you couldn't really go online or keep the computer turned on for long with its Windows 3.1 OS. Oh yeah, those were the days!