Taxes: What will you be doing with your refund?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm probably not getting a refund this year... i sold some property & i think it'll take all of the refund i would've gotten to pay the capital gains tax on it.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to use the money to get the girls spayed as soon as they are old enough. I need some new pots and pans too. The rest will go in the savings.

The stimulus money will probably go in the savings too.

I was going to get a new monitor but that has changed. I still am getting a new monitor but I won't have to use my tax money for it. On June 4, 2007, I had a minor accident when a Police cruiser decided he wanted to go the other way and turned into the left turn lane, right into my car which happened to be in the turn late
My insurance paid me for the damage less my $250 deductable. Well, today I got a check from the insurance company for the $250! I guess you can beat city hall since it was the cop's fault for not looking!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since we got married last year and dh was officially declared 30% handicapped (troubles with his back), we'll get a good deal of refund this time, we calculated it with a tax program and it'll go towards paying new windows in our house - they date back to early 60's and it's horrible how much of a draft they let through! That will help our energy bills a bit, I hope

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The stimulus check will be used, partly, just for that. DH and I are going to take half and split that half between the two of us, and place the rest in our Money Market account. We're using the MM account to build up a down payment on a house.