Taxes are DONE!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, my boyfriend and I were just discussing tax forms and 1099s with friends at dinner over this past weekend and that it seemed paperwork has been slow to arrive. I am self employed and my taxes are complicated. I feel compelled to have someone else do them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't get my W-2 until i get my January check... which is on the 26th of the month. well, the 25th this month, since the 26th is a Saturday.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never gotten W-2s before the end of January.

Then DH waits until April 13 to actually file them

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service FTW!!!

Emerald Card, Turbo Tax..........blah!!!.
....hehehehe

Sorry, I had too.... we own 10 Jackson Hewitt Offices....

but you are right... our fees are more than the software... but I must say... we spend much of our summers amending Turbo Tax Returns

As long as someone knows what they're doing... they will definitely save money... For those of you w/ 1040-EZs, you can go directly to IRS's website and file for free.

And for singles.... you do have easy returns but pay the most in taxes, they need to change some things to make it fair.

You all would be amazed at the Fraud involved w/ filing taxes. It seems our nation raises their niece's and nephew's more than their own children.... I can't stand it!!!...lol

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koodeez

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service FTW!!!

Emerald Card, Turbo Tax..........blah!!!.
....hehehehe

Sorry, I had too.... we own 10 Jackson Hewitt Offices....

but you are right... our fees are more than the software... but I must say... we spend much of our summers amending Turbo Tax Returns

As long as someone knows what they're doing... they will definitely save money... For those of you w/ 1040-EZs, you can go directly to IRS's website and file for free.

And for singles.... you do have easy returns but pay the most in taxes, they need to change some things to make it fair.

You all would be amazed at the Fraud involved w/ filing taxes. It seems our nation raises their niece's and nephew's more than their own children.... I can't stand it!!!...lol
Not that I have anything against Jackson Hewitt because we have used them for years. But we have had issues with them. Like a few years ago the IRS ended up sending us a letter saying we owned money because of something Jackson Hewitt did. They did get it taken care of but it was not pleasant getting that letter. Other than that it was the price. So this year we did it ourselves because ours is not that hard.