Tax time!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a reminder if your refund is a nice size you should check into changing your withholdings so you can have more in every paycheck vs Uncle Sam having your money tax free for a year then giving it back to you.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We pre-file a week before the IRS actually starts accepting the forms. So we filed Monday and come Sat. they e-filed as soon as IRS opened.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

We pre-file a week before the IRS actually starts accepting the forms. So we filed Monday and come Sat. they e-filed as soon as IRS opened.
How do you prefile??

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go to Jackson Hewitt. They do all the normal stuff like if we had waited a week to file. But once everything is done its stored in the system at Jackson Hewitt. Then come SAt. as soon as the IRS starts accepting the claims its automatically sent in.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

We go to Jackson Hewitt. They do all the normal stuff like if we had waited a week to file. But once everything is done its stored in the system at Jackson Hewitt. Then come SAt. as soon as the IRS starts accepting the claims its automatically sent in.
Yes but you still have to have your w2 beforehand right? I use a local accountant here. They send it in every Thursday.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got our W2 on the 8th via the net. And Jackson Hewitt could get your W2 via the internet on the 10th if your comp used a specific program or comp to put the W2 together. Here is a link to that:

http://www.jacksonhewitt.com/?W2Download

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I file rather soon as I do other peoples taxes too and one year nearly lost out on e-filing my own, so since mine are easy and I already have all my stuff, they will be going soon enough.