Tattoos or Piercings??

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm amazed sometimes at how many parents are upset with their [adult] kids for getting tattoos or piercings. I was very lucky - my parents were actually kind of intrigued by mine. My mom ended up getting one herself about 2 years after I did. My dad, a Navy retiree who swore he'd never get one, now has TWO. He got them after my mom got hers. They were both in their mid-50's when they got them. My younger brother even got one, shortly after my dad got his first one!
I created a tattooing obsession in my own family!

My best friend's parents were very upset when they found out she got one. (We got them together.) We were about 23 at the time, so it's not like we got them under age or anything...I guess my parents just stopped commenting on my life decisions earlier than hers did.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joanne511

I'm amazed sometimes at how many parents are upset with their [adult] kids for getting tattoos or piercings. .
i agree, its not like we joined a cult or something! to be fair i was very young when i got my first one (15) and used a fake id to get it
not my smartest idea....

i think there should be tighter regulations on tattoo parlours. when you see the c$%p people get tattooed when they are under age it makes you realise why theres rules and regulations.

julya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
7 holes in my ears...3 on each side and 1 on the top of my left ear, 1 belly button piercing and that's it for now. I had my tongue pierced for about a day and had to take it out b/c I got really sick. Didn't get it redone. My mom was pretty cool with everything. She actually took me to get my belly pierced when I was almost 17. She made me wait for several years though because I had wanted it done for a long time. She joked about getting hers done too after she took me to get mine...haha...but she hasn't done it yet! I dared her to
. The only reason she wouldn't let me get my ears pierced a 3rd time was because I was only a couple months away from turning 18. She said that I should wait until I turn 18 and go do it myself...she thought it'd be more fun that way. She has her opinions though. She didn't really want me to get my ears done a 3rd time, but once I did she liked it a lot.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malakai711

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where and of what?
If not, would you ever get one? What would it be and where?
Personally, I dont have one but I want one!! I wanna get the symbol for Capricorn tattooed on the back of my neck... I'm hoping that once Adrian learns how to tattoo, he can design it for me and tattoo it... That would be perfect.... And, I've always wanted my tongue pierced but I've never had the nerve! Maybe I'll do it this week before I have to start work! LoL
Haha! I have a capricorn tatoo on my back and my tongue is pierced. I'm thinking of taking out the piercing. I'm gonna be 30 next year, think I'm too old for it now.

animalprint4me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a large tribal symbol across my lower back. And my ears pierced, 2 in one ear & 1 in the other.

Was going to get my belly button pierced but found I out I was pregnant so I decided to wait! Will be getting another tattoo of a tribal symbol but instead of filling it in w/ black like my back Im going to have it filled in w/ leopard print!
I love tattoos & think they are awesome and a expression of ones self! Each are unique to the person who has them and not for everyone! Will be getting my belly button done as soon as I reclaim my abs & tummy from being pregnant LOL