Tattoos.....anyone ???

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None yet, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. I grew up loving my dad's tatoos that he had done while in the navy...flying eagle on one forearm, 3 roses on the other...both were excellent quality.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one on my upper left arm, it's an eagle and snake wrapped around a sword, all in shades of black. Took about 2 hours, only painful when it got too near the sides of my arm, and I got a date with the tattooist

Will try to take a picture tonight.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 18 when I had my first tattoo... then I was 10 when I had the extras added to it.... then the year after I had my belly tattooed..... and oh yes, the year after that, my boy-friend (a friend but not THAT way) paid for me to have a cat and pawprints tattoes on my right leg for my 21st birthday..... how sweet! So it's my favourite one....

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I love all the pictures! I'm trying to talk my mom into getting one. She wants one but it scared, and thinks shes too old. She's only 46! I keep telling her she just needs to go for it, and I'm trying to get my dad into it too. He is a fireman and already knows what he would get (some kinda crest thing or something to do with being a fireman, can't remember what he called it), so I don't know why they don' t just go together and get them done!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candie, that's my own design - all of my tattoos were designed by moi, but I had a friend of mine actually tattoo them to me as he specialized in the custom tattoos.
It's always worth finding a versatile tattoo artist

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my Zodiak sign on my lower back, Taurus, its a bull with horns, I will try to post a picture as soon as I find one!!

I really want another one, I think I watch too much Miami Ink!!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the bacardi bat on my lower back. I want more but because of my profession don't want anything that shows. My bf has several and right now is almost done with a full sleeve. I'll take pictures soon.

tabaqui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the artworks from a RPG book of mine, I've wished I could get on the curve of my left shoulderblade. Barring that, a canine pawprint in a place I haven't quite decided.

Unfortunately, I am terrified of needles and this will never happen either way.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabaqui

One of the artworks from a RPG book of mine, I've wished I could get on the curve of my left shoulderblade. Barring that, a canine pawprint in a place I haven't quite decided.

Unfortunately, I am terrified of needles and this will never happen either way.
How in the world did I miss you for 76 posts? Wonderful to have another Curl owner here
Mind if I ask parentage? I'd love to see if our's are related - though it would probably be quite a bit remotely (besides the common ancestor of Shulamith of course!)

zazusdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Entire back is done (King neptune sending dolphins out of my back) and my left sholder has a large yin/yag sun sign that mean "aperture" and thinking about another one but not sure what to get or where to put it

tabaqui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

How in the world did I miss you for 76 posts? Wonderful to have another Curl owner here
Mind if I ask parentage? I'd love to see if our's are related - though it would probably be quite a bit remotely (besides the common ancestor of Shulamith of course!)
I'm sneaky like that, haha.

And sadly, I have no idea as to Lucifer's parentage; he showed up on my porch at 5 or 6 months old. The vets I've spoken with about him are always torn whether to call him:

a) A normal cat with disturbingly equal and uniform scars that pulled them back from early ear mite problems who just happens to also have lots of Curl traits, or
b) A Curl with somewhat incorrectly formed ears, likely due to the huge amounts of earmites he had during his first handful of months alive before I found him.

And I don't know any breeders/professional cat people, or have any better pictures of him, so I haven't been able to get it told to me for sure which one it is. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabaqui

I'm sneaky like that, haha.

And sadly, I have no idea as to Lucifer's parentage; he showed up on my porch at 5 or 6 months old. The vets I've spoken with about him are always torn whether to call him:

a) A normal cat with disturbingly equal and uniform scars that pulled them back from early ear mite problems who just happens to also have lots of Curl traits, or
b) A Curl with somewhat incorrectly formed ears, likely due to the huge amounts of earmites he had during his first handful of months alive before I found him.

And I don't know any breeders/professional cat people, or have any better pictures of him, so I haven't been able to get it told to me for sure which one it is. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.
Trust me, I have had Curls since 1986, and do Curl rescue nationally of "apparent" Curl kits or adults...this is an American Curl with rather nicely curled ears.

Check out this site (located in Texas) for lots of photos and breed info.
www.sarcenet.com
and for grins and giggles, our rescue site: www.americancurlrescue.com

My own hobby site on the breed needs some polishing and updating, so I'm not listing it

ps he does have an "ear fault" as best as I can tell, called Horizontal Crimp..just means he has a c shaped/curving vertical ridge with the ear extending out beyond that ridge, so the base is very wide, and it may look as if there is a thumb print depression, dead center of the top of the ear.
My Denebola has this..doesn't impact his handsomeness a bit

tabaqui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, goodie! Thank you for the advice and reassurances. I will be sure to have a look!

Edit: Yeah, that's the thing the vets thought might have been due to ear mites. My baby won't win any awards at a show, but I love him anyway.

(And so as not to be considered threadjacking; can anyone tell me why it is "black" tattoo ink always turns into a weird green? I've always wondered.)

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I dont know about it turning green! I've always thought it just looked navy. Atleast thats what the outline of mine looks like....but who knows! I'm sure more people will tell what they think!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two, Butterfly on my boob, I had that one done when I was 26. Just last year I added a group of butterflies to my lower back. I would like to get more just don't know what yet.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2. A butterfly on my right leg about 5 inches above my ankle, and a 4 lef clover on my left shoulder. I got them both when I was 18. The guy who did them did a terrible job and the ink faded on both of them. I just got the butterfly redone about a month ago. It looks SOOOO much better. It is bright and colorful. I need to take a few pics of it, I just haven't yet.

Regarding the black ink turning green... My outlines are done in black on both of my tattoos and even though they weren't done with very good ink originally, they never turned from black. I did notice that my Grandpa's tattoos that he had done when he was young in the Navy all had that green color to them. I wonder if it had something to do with the type of ink they used. I wouldn't be suprised if they used something different than what is used now.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a little tattoo on the top of my thigh, i got it there so no body could see it, i didnt want one that could be seen all the time, it's a little red devil