Tattoos and pericings!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

As nurses, we are taught and told to never insert an Intravenous over a tattoed area of the body.
Just out of curiosity... is this because you can't find the vein under the tattoo or for some other medical reason?

Never heard this before... I'm intrigued

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My piercing - tongue, navel, 2 in each ear.
Tattoos - my entire lower back has a celestial scene on it.

I plan on getting another tattoo as soon as I can. Its going to be a cat with butterfly wings in memory of my cat howard. I'm going to put it in between my shoulder blades.... I can't have any visible tattoos. I'm going to school to be a firefighter/paramedic. They frown on that stuff and a lot of counties in my area are making rules stating that they won't hire you if you do have one that is visiable. so i just put them where no one can see unless I want them to.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

I have had my tongue and my naval pierced but I took those out a couple of years ago.
I have five in my ears currently, three in one, two in another.....but I used to have ten holes, five in each ear.

I have one tattoo next to my hip-bone where no one can see it (unless I want them to!).

It's the main symbol from the musical Miss Saigon. (and yes, I am a dork)

This is it:

Just the black part.

I love it, and I'd post the actual picture but it was taken a couple of years ago and I feel it's too scandalous now because I'm aparently old.
i always thougth that someone would get that as a tattoo at some time.

yea, i have a couple of tattoo, would like to get one more, but everyone says 800+ for it, so i never did it yet..

have 2 in my left ear.( pericings) but i would bet the holes are closed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have had my tongue and my naval pierced but I took those out a couple of years ago.
I have five in my ears currently, three in one
Same as me
I had my tongue and navel done in my late teens and took them out in my early 20's. So now I just have the 5 in my ears, no tattoos.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 13 piercings and 2 tattoos at the moment.

Piercings in chronological order:
4 - 1st set of ear lobe piercings (2)
15 - 2nd set of ear lobe piercings (2)
16 - navel piercing (1)
18 - tongue (1)
18 - tragus (ear related) (1)
19 - somewhere between the neck and bellybutton (2)
19 - 3rd set of ear lobe piercings (2)
19 - nose (1)
20 - rook (ear related) (1)

Tattoos:
1 on my lower back when I was 18
1 on my ankle at 20.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I have 13 piercings and 2 tattoos at the moment.

Piercings in chronological order:
4 - 1st set of ear lobe piercings (2)
15 - 2nd set of ear lobe piercings (2)
16 - navel piercing (1)
18 - tongue (1)
18 - tragus (ear related) (1)
19 - 3rd set of ear lobe piercings (2)
19 - nose (1)
20 - rook (ear related) (1)

Tattoos:
1 on my lower back when I was 18
1 on my ankle at 20.
We are almost identical

I have:
-first earlobe piercing on each side (4 gauged) = 2
-2nd earlobe piercing on each side (6 gauged) = 2
-3rd earlobe piercing on each ear (letting close up, they are messed up) = 2
-Tongue piercing = 1
-Navel piercing = 1
-2 cartilage piercings (upper ear) = 2
-2 tragus piercings on each side = 2

Im having a hard time with one of my tragus piercings... not sure if I can keep it, Im having a keloid issue (got stereoid/cortison injections in it once and need to go back because the keloid is back... it is really ugly and itchy)... So if all else fails with the injections the piercing may need to go so the keloid can be lasered or surgically removed.

My tats... One is on my lower back and one is above my ankle... They are both horrible and I regret them both... Im saving up to get one added to and fixed.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have only my ears pierced and 3 tattoos. A celtic cross on my left arm, celtic knot on my right, and a NY Yankees sign on my right ankle,lol

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems that many people gets their tats/piercings when they are young. Not all, but many.

I know a young man (son of co-worker) who recently got the area below his lower lip pierced and the big hole piercings in his ears - sorry, not sure what they are called. I asked him why. He said that he is rebelling. I asked against what? He said "Everything".

I am all for rebellion and have nothing against the personal choice to do whatever we like to our bodies
In his case, I wonder why he decided on this route instead of actually doing something - such as acting to change whatever it is he doesn't like about his world. I did ask him that, he didn't have an answer.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i always thougth that someone would get that as a tattoo at some time.

yea, i have a couple of tattoo, would like to get one more, but everyone says 800+ for it, so i never did it yet..

have 2 in my left ear.( pericings) but i would bet the holes are closed.
Ok here's a picture. I edited the original because when I was younger, I seemed to have no problem allowing people to see the blue strap to my thong and my entire belly region....now I cringe at the picture !!
(even though I wouldn't mind having that figure again!!!)

But here it is:

And as someone stated, when you're younger you have a lot less reservations about your body than when you get older. I look at pictures I took of piercings and my tattoo and I think "WOW was I on drugs?". I was on the greatest drug of all, YOUTH .

25 feels a whole lot different than 21!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Im having a hard time with one of my tragus piercings... not sure if I can keep it, Im having a keloid issue (got stereoid/cortison injections in it once and need to go back because the keloid is back... it is really ugly and itchy)... So if all else fails with the injections the piercing may need to go so the keloid can be lasered or surgically removed.
I had a keloid on my tragus piercing for a good 6 months while it was healing. It took 9 months before I could "play" with it. Of course, it had also gotten smacked around a bit in a pillow fight with the fiance, and tugged on for a good 45 mins when they had to change the ring cuz the last one bent. After going to the beach every Friday for a month, it went away. I had the ultimate sea-salt soak

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

It seems that many people gets their tats/piercings when they are young. Not all, but many.

My mom is one of those who waited til she was older - she got her first tattoo at 39. She's 48 now and has a total of 11 tattoos. She got her bellybutton pierced the day after I got mine, but hers never healed - after 2 years she took it out. So 11 tattoos, 2 ear lobe piercings in each ear, and a cartilage. She flips out every time I come home to visit and have a new piercing.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My mom is one of those who waited til she was older - she got her first tattoo at 39. She's 48 now and has a total of 11 tattoos. She got her bellybutton pierced the day after I got mine, but hers never healed - after 2 years she took it out. So 11 tattoos, 2 ear lobe piercings in each ear, and a cartilage. She flips out every time I come home to visit and have a new piercing.
LOL my mom is the *same* way!!!! When she turned 40 she started going tanning with me and shopping for the same type of clothes.

Then when I got my tattoo, she was all offended that I didn't wait for her to go with me!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had a keloid on my tragus piercing for a good 6 months while it was healing. It took 9 months before I could "play" with it. Of course, it had also gotten smacked around a bit in a pillow fight with the fiance, and tugged on for a good 45 mins when they had to change the ring cuz the last one bent. After going to the beach every Friday for a month, it went away. I had the ultimate sea-salt soak

Mine wont go away on its own... Its smaller than a pea but not by much. After the first set of injections it went away completely... Than a week later it came back (I think partly cuz I fell asleep on that side when it was still healing, sleeping on it from the get go is what caused it in the first place). They are nasty looking things and itch like crazy... Lets hope on the 6th (my next appointment) these injections will be the last. I should look into some salt soaks... Its the only thing I havent tried yet. Gosh Im even on antibiotics 3 times a day because and infection took over. This never happend with my first tragus piercing... That one healed like a dream!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

My mom is one of those who waited til she was older - she got her first tattoo at 39.
i was 49 when i got mine, this past march. first, & possibly only tat i'll ever get.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Then when I got my tattoo, she was all offended that I didn't wait for her to go with me!!!
Oh yes, I had that happen too
She was so "Argh!!" that I got my tattoo without her (of course, the day before, she was giving me a hard time about getting one - "not til you're 39!"). I STILL dont think she's ever seen it, and I got it 2 years ago.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 8 piercings left, and about 40% tattooed coverage of my body. I am not done yet, I have to finish my back to entire coverage, and both calves, when my SO can find the time to work on me when I have the time to let him. I want his boss to do portraits of my daughter and granddaughter. I would love to sleeve one arm, but I don't think my job would like it.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my ears, nose and recently my navel done. Just about 2 weeks ago got that done. I'd love to get more but I'm scared of it hurting so I take my sweet time inbetween them.. it takes a lot of courgae for me to do it.. but then it seems like nothing once it's done.

Here's my navel.. got no good shots of my nose.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

normal two ear piercings, ankh on my lower back and eye of horus on back of my shoulder. am planning at some time to get a scarab or a pentacle
Have to add to this now, i got my second lobe piercings 6 days ago!! *bounces*