Tassimo......is it worth it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know what a Tassimo brewer is but I do have a Keurig.  My first one was purchased about 5 years ago but then I recently upgraded to the more quiet Keurig.  I don't always use the K-cups since they are expensive.  I use my own coffee most of the time but I do buy the K-cups at times.  I love the fact that the coffee is always fresh when you make it, I drink one to two cups a day and enjoy it very much.  I'll never go back to the older coffee makers again.

As near as I can figure the only difference between Tassimo and Keurig is their what they are primarily marketed for...Tassimo is meant to marketed to those who want to be able to make cappuccino at home, where as Keurig is more about the coffee.........or at least that's what my searching seems to be turning up. That said I'm thinking Keurg is more for me, being a coffee-drinker who likes the occasional hot chocolate. I like that Keurig has the reusable pods you can buy-thus allowing me to use my Folgers, and my friends has one, and says it works well. Now I guess it comes down to whether or not I really want to spring for a hundred dollar coffee-maker.......

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Tassimo in the past.  When I worked at the hospital 2 of the patients got together and chipped in to buy the ward one as a thank you gift.

It was ok. I found that the coffee pods were very pricey to buy.  And because the coffee is prepackaged, you can't adjust for the strength that you like.

For me a regular coffee maker with a reusable filter is the way to go. I used to have a 4 cup one, but went back to a larger one just because I was downsizing appliances.

These 1 cup at a time makers are a fad that will die out in time.  Think about it? When you have people over for dinner, do you really want to stand there replacing pod after pod and dispensing 1 cup of coffee at a time?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Tassimo in the past.  When I worked at the hospital 2 of the patients got together and chipped in to buy the ward one as a thank you gift.

It was ok. I found that the coffee pods were very pricey to buy.  And because the coffee is prepackaged, you can't adjust for the strength that you like.

For me a regular coffee maker with a reusable filter is the way to go. I used to have a 4 cup one, but went back to a larger one just because I was downsizing appliances.

These 1 cup at a time makers are a fad that will die out in time.  Think about it? When you have people over for dinner, do you really want to stand there replacing pod after pod and dispensing 1 cup of coffee at a time?
That's odd because one of the main reasons I wanted a Keurig was for when we have dinner parties! It is the most perfect way to offer hot beverages to many guests - always some guests want coffee with dessert, some ask if you have decaf, some people would like a cup of tea, and other ask if you have herbal tea because it's late, so no caffeine. Each guest can pick exactly what they want and I'm not stuck in the kitchen making coffees and teas for everyone.

And you CAN adjust the coffee strength - you use a small cup for strong coffee and the largest setting if you like a milder brew (or one of the settings in-between). 

I'm the only one who drinks coffee here at home, only a cup or two a day, so this system is fantastic, but is also great if you have coffee drinkers who leave at different times in the morning - everyone gets a fresh cup of the type they want.

No time for coffee and running late? Takes 60 seconds to fill up the travel mug.

They have these outside of the doctors' offices at M.D. Anderson in Houston - again, fresh cup, just want you want to drink, and no "cooked" burned taste like when a pot has been sitting for a while 'cause that's just gross.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's odd because one of the main reasons I wanted a Keurig was for when we have dinner parties! It is the most perfect way to offer hot beverages to many guests - always some guests want coffee with dessert, some ask if you have decaf, some people would like a cup of tea, and other ask if you have herbal tea because it's late, so no caffeine. Each guest can pick exactly what they want and I'm not stuck in the kitchen making coffees and teas for everyone.

And you CAN adjust the coffee strength - you use a small cup for strong coffee and the largest setting if you like a milder brew (or one of the settings in-between). 

I'm the only one who drinks coffee here at home, only a cup or two a day, so this system is fantastic, but is also great if you have coffee drinkers who leave at different times in the morning - everyone gets a fresh cup of the type they want.

No time for coffee and running late? Takes 60 seconds to fill up the travel mug.

They have these outside of the doctors' offices at M.D. Anderson in Houston - again, fresh cup, just want you want to drink, and no "cooked" burned taste like when a pot has been sitting for a while 'cause that's just gross.
Actually, we use the Keurig for dinners, too, and nobody complains. In fact, everybody get the strength they want. If they want tea, they get it. I keep a nice variety of k-cups on hand for guests, especially when I know what they like. It's never been a problem.

Even though we have a Keurig at work, there are times when I'll take my coffee with me to work in my travel mug. I walk over to the kitchen wall, press the key fob to start my car, then turn on the Keurig. Within seconds, I'm ready to go.

The salon that I go to has a Keurig with a good variety of k-cups. You simply help yourself.

I can't say anything bad about the Keurig. I am very pleased.

Last edited: