Tasha vs the Leather

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First of all someone tries to clip Tasha's nails this morning, that same someone is now missing several large chunks of flesh and only 5 nails got trimmed. ARG!!

Second. The cats have DESTROYED our brand new leather ottoman. Now short of using kitty hide to re-cover it...
(I believe the issue is SPECIFICALLY Tasha since all the other cats have been trimmed (and recently) and I have been neglecting her trimming in favour of getting her to LIKE me.)

I know allot of people here like the soft-paws. I'm looking at the website and they are $20/cat/6 months? Is that correct? Do they last ANY longer? That seems like an awe-full lot of money to spend (not the the couches weren't more expensive...).

Does anyone have a different but effective product they could suggest?

I'm also thinking in order to apply them to Tasha I may need a sedative/horse tranquilizer... *sigh* I'm running out of ideas with her.

Now I just have to convince the warranty repair people the toddler scratched the leather up...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

Now I just have to convince the warranty repair people the toddler scratched the leather up...
Good luck!

I'm sure someone will come along and post their favorite site to get them cheaper.

You'd have to discuss a sedative with the vet. There's also the choice of taking her to the vet and letting them do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How wil I get her into the carrier though?? If we have to catch her it's litterally going to be me on one side of the house, hubby on the other & see if we can get the dogs to take the middle
. I just got lucky & caught her napping* I don't think she's going to let me do that again for awhile...

I have a feeling if I did get her into the carrier & to the vet, they wouldn't let me take any animals back there after dealing with her
(you know, once they sedated her up to her eyeballs and she still managed to escape them and make it into the ceiling tiles...)

*For some reason when she's sleepy she's VERY friendly, will even let hubby pet her until she wakes up & remembers she hates him for no reason.

*Sigh* My poor poor Tasha, I've been talking to my mom about taking her (it involves a 3-way cat-trade with my sister when she gets a new appartment this summer...) quieter house, with no men may suite her a little better. But I do have to do something to protect the furniture before then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Tasha has decided I'm not as evil as she thought yesterday, and while she won't let me catch/touch her she is mewing at me again - maybe I can get a hold of her tomorrow and do the other paw