Tasha Escaped

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you'll be able to get her inside before you have to leave. I know it's getting late... At least you know she's safe.
it stays that way at the very least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A really great event in a really terrible day.

I caught tasha!!!

(she's busy being MAULED by the dogs right now)

M.K. & I went out to the barn, we were quiet so Tasha just jumped off the hay when she saw us and semi-hid. So I sat and called Miss Kitty over, I petted and petted M.K. and snuck closer and closer and closer until I was close enough to pet then grab Tasha.

I don't think I've ever held a cat so tightly getting her back in the house!!

Hungry but she really looks non the worse for wear. Hopefully we will NEVER go through this again.

Thank you SO much to everyone, for your good thoughts & advice!! It really really helped

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been keeping an eye on this thread to see if there was any good news. Hurrah! Thank goodness she is home and well.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news!

I'm so glad you caught her before you went out of town!

Tasha, you bad girl, stay in the house where you belong!

Also, if you don't normally Frontline her, you might want to. My guess is that she picked up a flea or two nestled in that hay!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I'm so glad you caught her before you went out of town!
I can't tell you how stressed I was!!
It would have been a miserable holiday worrying about her at home.

She actually got an OTC (I know!) flea treatment a day or two before she went out, we're going to advantage everyone in another few weeks (once Mango is old enough & we can do them all). That is a good idea though!

She has been scratching a bit, but there was allot of poison ivy over there, does it effect cats? I have to check her for ticks too. Right now she's trying to decide if she likes me or not. She keeps running over & meowing at me, but I think she's mad at me for catching & holding on to her

I'll give her an hour or two to calm down, I think she's hiding somewhere & sleeping right now

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may still be a little confused or afraid. She just needs some time.

In the photo the dogs look like they are trying to figure out where she was so that if she does it again they will be able to find her.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
probably!

They were REALLY happy to see her! The poor thing couldn't get up with all the noses shoved at her!

Still waiting for Lucas to get up from his long nap today - I'm sure he will be ecstatic!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

I think she's hiding somewhere & sleeping right now
Sleeping on the laundry pile!!!

Meowing at me because I stopped petting her.

'OK I'm TRYING to have a nap! but pet me more...'

VERY tired but I think she's happy to be home

Lucas just got up & was VERY happy his Asha is home. I'm really sorry we have to leave her to go away for the weekend
but at least she's happy, safe, warm & well fed!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TASHA'S HOME!

I know it's totally counter-intuitive that they'll hide from people they love - but something about being in territory they don't know often just seems to completely freak them out! Thank goodness you've got a barn!

WHAT a relief for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

I can't tell you how stressed I was!!
It would have been a miserable holiday worrying about her at home.

She actually got an OTC (I know!) flea treatment a day or two before she went out, we're going to advantage everyone in another few weeks (once Mango is old enough & we can do them all). That is a good idea though!

She has been scratching a bit, but there was allot of poison ivy over there, does it effect cats? I have to check her for ticks too. Right now she's trying to decide if she likes me or not. She keeps running over & meowing at me, but I think she's mad at me for catching & holding on to her

I'll give her an hour or two to calm down, I think she's hiding somewhere & sleeping right now
If you KNOW about using OTC flea products, why are you still using them?

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I know some people on the forum don't like them, that's very off topic.

I hadn't realized this before but I've never pat Tasha's tummy before because she's never felt comfortable enough!! But I've had her upside down on the couch DROOLING
all afternoon

No ticks, no big scrapes, definitely fleas
Oh well! At least she's home

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think this is a classic situation of wanting to love them or kill 'em!!!!! VERY glad that she is home and safe. Typical cat can't seem to make her mind up as to whether she is annoyed to be safe and sound or estatic!
Doesn't she know that she had her owner totally stressed out not to mention all of TCS?

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks as happy to be in as you are relieved to have her in!! Enjoy your holiday now knowing she is safe and sound.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by Nes

I know some people on the forum don't like them, that's very off topic.

Yup it's off topic - but you brought it up.
I'm afraid I am going to have to continue the off topic for just a moment, in order to possibly save Tasha's life. It's not just that people "don't like" OTC flea products, it's that they can be deadly.

It may have been okay with this use, but next time you may not be so lucky. Please, don't use OTC flea products anymore. It's just not worth the risk.

Having said that, I am thrilled that Tasha is home safe and sound where she belongs. She's such a Pretty Cat!