Tar Baby vanishes

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As far as coyotes are concerned, the main point is to chase them away. They usually work "coyote paths" , following open air strips (like railway trails or secondary roads). The way that works is to map them and to put obstacles in the relevant points. It does not work to rise barriers that coyotes can go around.

There is a guy studying urban coyotes - I saw him in a TV documentary, but I do not remember his name- If I remember well - in Los Angeles great area.

Briefly, keeping them away requires knowledge of their behavior and active and passive methods (like planting trees to allow cats to climb in case of attack), keeping aggressive dogs nearby to cats, chasing coyotes by stones anytime you see them etc.

The Local Environmental Protection Agency or the community Animal Rescue Service should have special programs for urban coyote abatement. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As far as coyotes are concerned, the main point is to chase them away. They usually work "coyote paths" , following open air strips (like railway trails or secondary roads). The way that works is to map them and to put obstacles in the relevant points. It does not work to rise barriers that coyotes can go around.

There is a guy studying urban coyotes - I saw him in a TV documentary, but I do not remember his name- If I remember well - in Los Angeles great area.

Briefly, keeping them away requires knowledge of their behavior and active and passive methods (like planting trees to allow cats to climb in case of attack), keeping aggressive dogs nearby to cats, chasing coyotes by stones anytime you see them etc.

The Local Environmental Protection Agency or the community Animal Rescue Service should have special programs for urban coyote abatement. 
I've seen those shows too. Coyote abatement is a fantasy.

Management and co-existence is the reality. Management includes keeping cats and small dogs indoors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Tar Baby wants to be a homebody. No further interest in darting out the door.

Which is a huge relief.

False alarms are so much better than real ones.