Tapeworm?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I saw them this morning in the poop... Just spoke to the vet's office again, after I calmed down a bit. they will call the lab again. they should have seem something and they did look for tapeworm it looks like. There is no way it was not seen.
The should have been able to see them visually, my vet does it in the office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NewKitty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And this is after useless tests too... What am I paying for???

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just got a call form a vet! They tested both samples Pichi and the kitten and NO parasites were found!???? I am about to raise hell because I brought a bunch of worms to them last night in a bag! Has anybody had this experience? What did I pay for?
Do you guys know how they test it and for what? I have to get my thoughts together before I call back to the vet...
This happened to me. I was positive that the stool sample I submitted included a tapeworm segment, but the results didn't come back with it. I figure they must have tested a different part of the sample. But I had taken a picture of the live tapeworm segment I found on her butt, and on that basis they prescribed a tapeworm med. (Of course, the sample came back with giardia so it was not for nothing).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, tapeworms don't always show up in a fecal, because their test looks for eggs, and tapeworm eggs don't consistently come out in the stool. The best diagnostic is actually seeing them. So if you're seeing tapeworm segments, go ahead and give him the Bayer tapeworm tabs. They're exactly the same as what the vet would give you.