Tap On Type Faucet With Cats In House?

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m thinking about installing the type of faucet that just needs to be tapped to turn on. It would be helpful in the kitchen. However, I wonder if these are safe for cats. I don’t know if the faucet defaults to whatever temp was used last, when it turns on.
Does anybody have one of these faucets?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be a good question for the manfacturer. I am not sure if that would be something an employee would know unless they have cats that turn the sink on.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet hospital has auto faucets for the sinks in each exam room. Leroy has turned them on while exploring and gotten wet :lol: Some cats might use an auto faucet as a new toy:lol:

Many auto faucets have a small lever on the side near the base where you can set the default temperature and adjust while you are using the faucet. I'm not sure how the ones without a lever or anything can be temperature adjusted. Tapping turns it on or off but what about temperature? I assume the default temp is cool / cold to prevent burns. If there is a particular model you are looking at, check the product web site for the specs and info on how to use it.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have to tap it, I don't think many cats would be able figure that out. However, if it's one of those faucets that you wave your hand under, it might be a problem. Lily is always checking out the sink to see if there is any food left on the plates.