Tanning

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I think the sun has a lot of benefits that people just can't from indoors. Lots of vitamins that are useful to your skin and body in proper amounts. Anything in excess is not good, you have to know your limits of course. My grandparents owned and worked a farm, they didn't use sunscreen back then, they are still very old and healthy today, no skin cancer, they don't look bad either, they look a lot better than some of the ladies I know that tan excessively.
This is why I signed up for a one year membership at the tanning salon accross the road from work.
Being raised in countries with alot of sun for the majority of the year, Germany was just like a smack in the face.

After consulting with my doctor, she told me it was best for me to get some sunlight each day or to move country! So I started using a tanning bed and I guarantee you I feel a lot BETTER!

You can adjust which level you're in, this is why I'm not dark, I just look like the way I used to in Australia.
With out sunlight I felt very lazy and slow, my brain wasnt functioning and I was'nt being productive.

Now I have so much energy that I am glad that I've started using the tanning bed.

I also don't have my sun allergy anymore from the sun. Now I can go out for walks even with sunscreen on and not suffer the needley pain and itchy pain from it!

I agree though, its not a long term thing, I am hoping to move back to Australia by next year, or atleast right after my contract ends.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Bring raised in countries with alot of sun for the majority of the year, Germany was just like a smack in the face.
Do you want to come back now? it was less than 3 degrees the other night!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Haha yes!
Spring starts three days before Tristan and i go away for our anniversary..god i hope it will be warmer. Last year we got one sunny day out of 7 (well we went and stayed by Werribee Sth beach)
but as its only once a year i miss it and love it there

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Spring starts three days before Tristan and i go away for our anniversary..god i hope it will be warmer. Last year we got one sunny day out of 7 (well we went and stayed by Werribee Sth beach)
but as its only once a year i miss it and love it there
Is that sometime at the end of august?? (the guy i really like is buying me a jacket because he thinks its so cold over there right now! I told him he should come here for winter!!)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup anniversary is the 4th september. Ooh who is this mysterious man?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that you can feel better for sure. I know some winters ago I was gettin really depressed..I had two short sessions in a tanning bed and felt SO MUCH BETTER

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So...if a person had naturally olive skin, and it got darker in the sun...isn't that sort of ok? Because that's why they have darker skin to begin with? I'm thinking of my hubby who is 1/2 Italian, and therefore my daughter who also has dark skin. My hubby has been in the sun a LOT during his life, with Drum Corps and all, and his skin is smooth and unmarred. My skin is all freckly and icky.
KIM, THA'TS SOOOOO COOL DH was in winterguard percussion and is 1/2 italian too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Are you getting to dark or orange? I hope your wedding goes perfect and who cares what that hag had to say about you, she is just jealous
Nope... I'm only moderately tan... defiantly not over done or orange! Oh, and it was 2 guys... in a gas guzzling SUV no less. I really wish I'd had the mind to respond but I was so shocked I just kept walking.

Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I agree that you can feel better for sure. I know some winters ago I was gettin really depressed..I had two short sessions in a tanning bed and felt SO MUCH BETTER
It's called SAD (or Seasonal Affective Disorder) and I suffer from it too. I have a little UV lamp at home that I read under to keep my up in the winter.

Anyway, I'm happy w/ my color now so I'm done tanning. If I catch a little more color over the summer then I do but I will be using sun block and won't be visiting the beds anymore.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this might sound like an oxymoron, but if I go on vacation, like to Myrtle Beach, i have to tan for about a month beforehand or when I go I will break out in a rash from the sun
even if i wear sunscreen! I got these red splotchy VERY itches patches on my inner elbows and neck the one year, after that I tanned before i went and never had the problem again! I know the risks of tanning and while I absolutely do not recommend it for every every day use
every once in awhile, like for a wedding or vacation I really don't see anything wrong with it. people who are outside on a regular basis (which I am not) probably get the same exposure as occassionally tanning

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I assumed it was a girl! I wouldn't let a bunch of immature and idotic males offend you, they aren't worth it (I would have been at first but then realized the source and shuck it off)... People really do get out of line sometimes, especially since you aren't over-cooked I dont see the reason behind their comments!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

KIM, THA'TS SOOOOO COOL DH was in winterguard percussion and is 1/2 italian too
*((Off-topic))

My son is in winterguard percussion, and their group took 6th place...

...in NATIONALS!!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always shunned the sun, even growing up in Texas. I don't like the way it feels on my skin. I'm happy about the benefits now, with healthy skin and minimal wrinkles.

Nothing wrong with getting a little color, though, especially for your wedding. People will say anything, but sometimes it's hard not to let it bother you. What a moronic thing for that guy to say. He probably thought it was a pick up line.