Tan Bengel Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acarper21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow I am learning all kinds of stuff. F1, F2 and so on. lucidblue I can stand the loud meow I have two siamese that do it all night long!
But i wouldn't get rid of them for the world. There are my kids. Sometimes my husband disagrees but he loves them too. So I think I need to purchase a bengel. They would have a good screaming match

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4kids4cats

F1,F2,F3,F4 stands for the generation of foundation cat. A wild cat/domestic breed would be a F1. The F1's babies would be F2's. Her babies would be F3. Does that make sense? The F1 has the highest percentage wild blood (usually 50%) her offspring would have 25%, and so on. Usually the first 4-5 generations of males are sterile.
Actually, the F stands for F I L I A L which designates the generation or the sequence of generations following the parental generation. Filial, in Bengalese, indicates the hybrid generations, 1-3. Specifically referred to as: F1, F2, and F3. TICA has their own term for filial adding to the confusion. Foundation is a confusing term due misinterpretation. Generally a many 'new' breeders description of a foundational Bengals is being F1 through F3. Yet to the informed breeder foundation relates to "foundation breeding stock", in any breed, regardless of generation or ancestry. A foundation stock Bengal could be an ALC, F1, F2, F3, or SBT. However, TICA registers the filial Bengals as Foundation Bengals. Consequently TICA refers to filial only as foundation this is where confusion can set in. Breeders that have been around awhile and bred other cats commonly refer to cats in their initial breeding as "foundation stock".

acarper21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

Actually, the F stands for F I L I A L which designates the generation or the sequence of generations following the parental generation. Filial, in Bengalese, indicates the hybrid generations, 1-3. Specifically referred to as: F1, F2, and F3. TICA has their own term for filial adding to the confusion. Foundation is a confusing term due misinterpretation. Generally a many 'new' breeders description of a foundational Bengals is being F1 through F3. Yet to the informed breeder foundation relates to "foundation breeding stock", in any breed, regardless of generation or ancestry. A foundation stock Bengal could be an ALC, F1, F2, F3, or SBT. However, TICA registers the filial Bengals as Foundation Bengals. Consequently TICA refers to filial only as foundation this is where confusion can set in. Breeders that have been around awhile and bred other cats commonly refer to cats in their initial breeding as "foundation stock".
Thats alot of info bengelbabe thanks for posting it. I am getting smarter each thread

krystalake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
I am a new breeder of bengal cats and right now I have 7 of them....and they are the most wonderful animals in the world.....I have an F1 (planning on getting more), F3 and 5 SBTs and they all have different personallitys
They are not wild or aggresive, but they are high energy and talkative...lol. If you like playful cats they are the one for you.

Krystal

acarper21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do like playful! Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah pictures please Krystal Lake! Hey don't I know you? I think you were going to buy my boy Mazarati, right? How are your cats doing?