Tamper proof auto cat feeder for very determined cat

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, as the title says, I’m hoping to get some recommendations on an auto cat feeder for dry food, preferably Wi-Fi, that my cats can‘t get into. We currently have the Peteme brand from Amazon. The problem is, our cat Penny can dig up the shoot and sometimes get it to drop a full portion, she can remove the lid, our boy Fizzbin can press the button to drop a portion, etc. Penny especially can outsmart everything and she doesn’t need the extra calories that she is digging out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the Petory one and it doesn't drop extra. I've seen him stick his paw in too. Lid locks well.

Cf24248

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't found one that my cat can't get into yet. I did see once soemone who would put theirs in a cupboard that locked shut and they built a little chute for the food to go into the bowl - It was too long for the cat to stick his arm up.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello everyone, as the title says, I’m hoping to get some recommendations on an auto cat feeder for dry food, preferably Wi-Fi, that my cats can‘t get into. We currently have the Peteme brand from Amazon. The problem is, our cat Penny can dig up the shoot and sometimes get it to drop a full portion, she can remove the lid, our boy Fizzbin can press the button to drop a portion, etc. Penny especially can outsmart everything and she doesn’t need the extra calories that she is digging out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance.
No recommendations that I can think of, but, I have to say it sounds like your cats are better problem solvers than most people! 🤣
I hope you find a solution for the "food Houdini's"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. We talked about it a lot today and decided we’re going to build something to hold the feeders that we already own. We looked at so many and none of them seem much better than what we have.
I haven't found one that my cat can't get into yet. I did see once soemone who would put theirs in a cupboard that locked shut and they built a little chute for the food to go into the bowl - It was too long for the cat to stick his arm up.
This is basically what we are thinking of doing.

For now we have deep cleaned the feeders and put them up, since we don’t have any trips planned over the long winter. I’ll just feed them myself for now and we’ll start working on a prototype.