Tammy-Timmy

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Tranquilizers, brandy, vodka, Sothern Comfort, pills, drugs...ANYTHING........
Just don't mix them all together, that might be bad.LOL!!!

Don't worry, mama will give birth in her own good time. Believe my, she will give birth on the day that you finally give up hope and leave her to the fate of exploding due to a WAY oversized belly. That's what happened with me. I told my cat, "fine. You don't want to have your babies, than just explode already, cause if you don't have them soon, that's what's going to happen."(At least, that's kinda what I said. LOL!) That night, she gave birth.

I would tell you to have patience, but that would be like telling a cat to fetch; it just ain't gonna happen.

Also, don't worry if she doesn't like any of the places you made her. She will choose one eventually. After all, she has to give birth eventually, she can't kepp the little cuties hidden forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked with the girl who gave me Tammy-Timmy, and she says that I got Tammy on July 28th. August-September 28th is two months I have had her. She had to be at least two weeks to three weeks when I got her. Should I take her to the vet's or wait another week or so and see what happens? AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, the first time on of my females got pregnant I caught her and my male cat "in the act"(long story) and I started counting from that day and she didn't give birth til day 73.(10 days late) She and the babies were fine but I would recommend that if you think she is really late that you can take her too a vet. If she IS late that, as far as I know, they will probably tell you to wait a little longer and if she doesn't give birth, they will do a c-section. It can get a little pricey though, I think $200-300 just for the surgery. That doesn't include any medicine, pain killers, tests, x-rays, etc... that they way have to do.

I hope everything goes well. Good luck!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about false pregnancy? I see her sides big and they feel hard. I know that she has puffy areas around her last two teats. Is it possible that this could be a false pregnancy? If it is, shouldn't she have gone into heat again?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Place your hand on her abdomen. If you can feel movement, it is a real pregnance. If not, take her to the vet and they can do an x-ray to determine if it is a false pregnancy or not.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you feeling or seeing any movement from the kittens? You described the rear two nipples as "puffy areas ". This is what some people call "bagging up", which means the milk is starting to develop in those glands. I would give it a little while yet before running off to the vet.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I am so sorry to be such a pest but I am freaking out right now. My whole timing could be off, she is bagging up, her sides/abdomen is hard, not soft and puffy like fluid. I just want her to be safe and being a cat, she refuses to do anything I want her to. Will she come to me when and if she starts labor? I want her to be in my room, she hates that room, the boxes, the bookcase....I have all those things lined with soft blankets and stuff and she won't go near them. I'm sorry.....I just want her and the kits safe.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you wash the blankets before laying them out?If so, did you use fabric softener? Cause if you did then maybe that is why she doesn't like the beds that you made for her. I know because one of my cats doesn't like laying on a freshly washed blanket if I used softener because the smell was too strong. I don't know if that is what it is, but I'm just guessing.

Keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't get a temp or look worn out. My cat was really hyper towards the end of her pregnancy and then suddenly got a temperature of 104 and started becoming lethargic. I took her to the vet and they had to do immediate surgery, unfortunately, because of the hight temp, her babies all died inside of her. It was terrible.

If you want, you can take her to a vet. It will cost around $70 to do an x-ray, probably $30 for a checkup, and a couple side fees. So, if you do decide to take her there, be prepared to pay at least $100 just to get her checked out.

I hope she's alrigh. Can you feel the babies moving yet? I was able to feel my cat's babies moving 2 weeks before she gave birth.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
gayef;1353697 said:
Are you feeling or seeing any movement from the kittens? QUOTE]

I'm still curious if you've seen or felt any movement? If she is at the end of a pregnancy you should be able to see them moving about in her belly when she reclines on her side.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I believe that I have both seen and felt motion. She is getting so that when I touch her belly anywhere, she bites me.

Hyper is not the word. This cat is pacing, crying, just "meow" kind of cry, not pain. She is cleaning every cat in the house that will come near her, she has just about taken all the color out of the fur on Pete's face, she has licked him so often. She cries to come in my room and then turns around and runs out. She is eating, playing, using the litter box, she is not sick, but pace, pace, meow, meow, pace, pace. Up on the counters, off the counters, on the table, off the table. Over on the desk, off the desk. Lays down, takes a breather, eats some food, drinks water, licks Pete and starts all over again.

I NEED SOME TRANQUILIZERS.......NOW!!!!!!!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL! Its sounds like you have your hands full. Well, I guess your timing must be off because as long as she seems healthy she is probably just fine. Both of my cats started pacing the house and meowing alot right before they went into labor. One even jumped up on the couch, layed down next to me and started going into labor. That was a shock! I freaked out, carefully picked her up, and put her into her box which was a few feet away. She did great. She was over 10 days late and yet gave birth without any problems. Just have patience and ,as long as everything seems to be fine with the mama, just give her time and let her do her thing. When she's ready, she'll let you know. Oh yeah, and almost all cats go into labor at night. Mine both went into labor late at night anf finished giving birth early in the morning. Good luck!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hugged Tammy-Timmy this morning before I went to work and got kicked by one of the kits for my trouble.

Tammy-Timmy didn't run around the house crying today. She isn't jumping up and down anymore. She just kid of sat and looked at me when I left, instead of trying to take the rest of the color off Pete's fur on his face.

Could this be the sign we are awaiting????

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to tell you guys, my office is so happy that you all are around to keep me under control. They (the office) are ready to hang me from the nearest lightpole and leave me there for a week.

Last Friday was "don't talk to Janet day, we have no kits". One of the other girls didn't come in today (she said she was sick), but I know she didn't want to hear, "no kits today either."

I really am glad you guys are around.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, how long would a false pregnancy last? Does it just go away or do you need to do something (or a vet do something) to 'cure' the problem?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
telynn, I just copied this from a website for you:
"False pregnancy may resolve itself on its own. However, it is common for false pregnancy to reoccur and for complications to occur. Medication is sometimes prescribed, however spaying is often the best solution. "

Yet, another site says that it fades away in a couple weeks. I don't know which one is right, but I would agree that the only way to stop a cat from having false pregnancies is to spay her.

I also copied this from another website:
"There are two possible causes for false pregnancy in cats. One is, she releases eggs without apparent reason. Second, she mated with a neutered male, and the mating caused her to release eggs. As a result she undergoes hormonal changes that make her look like she’s pregnant. She can even gain weight!"

Hope this helps you.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I don't know. I had never heard of "false pregnancy" before I got Tammy-Timmy. According to the information on the 'net, it lasts until the next heat starts.

One of the reasons I kept such close tabs on Tammy was I wondered if this was a "false pregnancy" and I was getting delusional. But she has not come into heat and if she wasn't pregnant, she would be in heat screaming her head off to go out. She won't go near the door.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH......no kits!!!!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deep breath!! It's like the saying a watched pot never boils...a watched cat never has kits it seems!!!

Go take a nice bubble bath, have a glass of wine (no tranquilizers mixed in!! lol) and breathe!!!

We're all here impatiently waiting with you!!!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Waiting for kittens will drive you crazy especially when you don't know the due date. I agree with the last post (the pot boiling part
), find something else to occupy yourself, other than thinking about the kittens. I know it is easier said then done, but I'd try. This way you'll be able to keep your sanity.

I have to admit, I keep checking back to see if they've come yet. I think you've got a lot of people waiting for these babies.