Tammy Faye Messner...

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw her in that interview and she looked so bad. Poor lady, may she now rest in peace.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That is eerie that she died the day after her interview.
Perhaps doing the interview wore down the strength she had left. From the pictures, she looked very weak.

I am glad her suffering is over. I pray her family is able to be at peace with her death.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That is eerie that she died the day after her interview.
Thats what I was thinking. I wouldnt have even known who she was except for the fact that Rob stopped on the channel with Larry King live the other night.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, I don't know much about her. I know who she is and the few times I've seen her on tv (I think she did a guest spot on Roseanne once as a makeup lady).

More than anything I enjoyed learning about her from her son's (Jay Bakker) documentary "One Punk Under God" which I caught on On Demand a few months ago. Aside from showing the church that Jay was starting sort of an 'alternative youth ministry', it showed a lot of his relationship with his mother and how he was helping her through her illness. I remember one episode when she was trying to do an interview with someone and she was just not doing well at all... was on oxygen because she couldn't breathe... it was really sad.

So while I didn't know her pre-One Punk Under God days, that show really put a human face to her that didn't seem anything like the bad things I've heard people say about her. It's a shame she suffered the way she did, and I hope her passing was peaceful.... but mostly I wonder how Jay is handling all this. Of course I assume not well, but since he relationship with his father seemed strained, I hope his wife, friends and ministry are there to support him.

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is very sad,I hope if anything untoward happenend to her that they will find out.
But I think if somebody did anything to her they will have covered their tracks.
I hope nobody did do anything,so her memory and family can rest in peace now.
R.I.P Tammy

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

So she passed away the day after she did the interview. I wonder what prompted her to do the interview.

RIP Tammy
Maybe she knew it would be her last tv interview?
RIP Tammy Faye

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently, she had contacted Larry King back in June, asking for an interview. He said there was no "pre-interview" and frankly he had no idea what to expect. She was very much running the show.

My feeling is that she held on until she could do that interview. It's well documented that gravely ill people often hold on until some important event happens, and then slip away very quickly after that. Clearly, from the interview, she was very much on borrowed time. I can only imagine the immense sense of peace she felt as she passed.

She was a great lady.

Cally