Taming the Feral Kitten in My Bathroom

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Online said it beautifully-wonderful sign and best of all-YOU got the ball rolling on a much better life for him!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coneja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys. Yeah, the slow intro was something my friend and I both would have done, but neither of us really felt like we could or knew if we should say anything. He was pretty convinced they would be fine...

I'm glad they want to keep working with him, and it did take me a lot of time as well, and that was in a more controlled environment. Dick -the gentleman who's fostering Theo- used to have several feral cats back in the day that he cared for until they went to a different foster family to be "barn cats." Eventually, predators ended up getting all or most of them and so he said never again then turned his house into sort of a private cat sanctuary that's secured. He's got a few ferals with him now that live primarily outside in the heated cat boxes and shelters he's built into the trees; likewise, he's got a few that only let him touch them, though most go in and out of the house as they please. So, he definitely has the willingness and want to work with feral cats which is awesome... I just hope Theo responds well. But no matter what, you guys are right: he's in a much better place now than he would have been otherwise, that's for sure. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coneja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got an update today from Theo's new foster parents. They say he hangs out a lot in a cat "igloo" in their office but is easy to pet and is purring for treats. They said he's still pretty skittish, but think that in time he will be adoptable. That is great news for me, and I'm glad that they are still working with him. :)